DVDVR Message Board

So, in things that are never going to happen news, Blues fans are starting to realize they could sign Stastny at around 7 mill per season, trade Berglund, Rattie/Jaskin, and a pick for Spezza, and still be under the cap.

Laugh at me getting my hopes up since FSW can't anymore, god rest his zombie bones.

Benning's pulling the "we'll keep him!" card because of low ball offers. One rumour monger said he's expanded his list by two teams (allegedly CBJ and DAL). She also stated that the Canucks have asked at least a few players with NTCs about waiving them and they aren't happy about it (Burrows and Garrison the likely players). 

Dreger says Kesler to Anaheim is done.

Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through

Awful but I was always expecting a poor return.

Now all we need to do is sign Bolland and Miller plus Pittsburgh Penguins garbage and I can not follow the Canucks for a few years.

Fuck, man, when was the last time the Canucks didn't drop the ball in a big trade? Ehrhoff was a salary dump. I can't think of the last good "big" trade this team has made. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, if you squint, McDavid kind of looks like Dinklage as Tyrion. That's a face I wan to get used to seeing. Only good thing about this trade is that it's a helluva lot likelier now.

Most of the media guys seem to think Vancouver got a great return.  I tend to disagree.  Nick Bonino was really good last year but he's 26 and last year was the first time he cracked the 20 point barrier, realistically, he's probably never going to top the 49 points he had last year.  Luca Sbisa was really good early on in his career, but seems to get a bit worse every year since then, to the point of being a frequent healthy scratch last year.  The 24th overall pick is nice, but it's not the 10th overall.  I'm not a big fan of the return for the Canucks but, honestly, it wasn't going to get any better because Kesler wasn't going anywhere but Anaheim or Chicago.

Darren Dreger is reporting that Arizona is considering buying out Mike Ribeiro less than one year after he was the big coup signing by Phoenix and a sign that the Coyotes were NHL players again.  Weird.

Also a really out there rumor that Nashville will acquire Eric Staal today seems to be no more than two radio guys speculating out loud.  Too bad.

• Like 1

Bonino: Soft, 26 YO, 20 PP points playing with Getz and Perry, coming off his one good year, played butter soft minutes, more of a Santorelli replacement than Kesler replacement.

Sbisa: Barely a #6 D at this point and left handed. Over $2 million cap hit.

24: Not the 10th and we may be lucky to get a decent prospect from that position.

One of Etem, the 10th, or Theodore needed to be coming back as the centre piece of the deal for a guy that will likely put Anaheim over the top. Just a terrible trade.

Bonino: Soft, 26 YO, 20 PP points playing with Getz and Perry, coming off his one good year, played butter soft minutes, more of a Santorelli replacement than Kesler replacement.

Sbisa: Barely a #6 D at this point and left handed. Over $2 million cap hit.

24: Not the 10th and we may be lucky to get a decent prospect from that position.

One of Etem, the 10th, or Theodore needed to be coming back as the centre piece of the deal for a guy that will likely put Anaheim over the top. Just a terrible trade.

I was thinking the same about Bonino vs. Santorelli.  Weird that he's the center-piece of the Kesler deal when he has a lot in common with Santorelli whom the Canucks weren't willing to offer more than a 1-year deal for.

It's ridiculous. The only difference is Santo is a few years older. This is just an absurd trade to a divisional rival. Kesler gave the Canucks Anaheim and Chicago to deal with and Chicago wasn't really interested. I'd rather keep him and let him pout than give him up for that garbage.

Also, we can look forward to Van drafting Virtanen at 6. He's pretty much the last guy I'd want out of the 6-10 players especially after his shoulder surgery. 

lol, the hits keep coming! Garrison+ to Tampa for a second round pick. Yep. With all that cap space, we goin' to look real good with Bolland and Miller signing, baby! Lose Markstrom on waivers!

I hate to even bring him up because given my opinion of him it comes off as trolling when I don't even mean it that way. But there was no universe where, given the perception of Rick Nash from so many hockey people, that Ryan Kessler was going to bring more back than he did. If it was going to be a package deal, this is the sort of questionable buffet I think was realistically predictable.

Whether it's actually good value or not is, of course, a completely separate discussion.

He had a down year after a very solid first season in Vancouver. Was it down just to injury? I don't think so, but you'd think he'd get something of value back when you see guys like Nikitin signing for almost as much as him. Tampa needed a player like him and he's used to Florida so I guess it works out for TB.

We then use Anaheim's 3rd to get Dorsett from the Rangers. He'll be Benning's Thornton in Vancouver. Gotta love the difference in value between Dorsett (who is okay in terms of 4th line scrub) and Garrison (a good 2nd pairing D with a booming shot and steady defense) is 35 spots. PROMISING BEGINNINGS.

Could see the Canucks moving out one of Burrows, Hansen, or Higgins before July 1. Don't think Garrison is what the Blues need especially at his cap hit.

Ribeiro buyout is weird. I have always liked him so I probably don't have an "objective" opinion on him, but he's right there with Grabovski as the 2nd best centre available. Surprised they couldn't trade him and had to buy him out.

Edit; Huh, Maloney says he had behaviour issues. 

lol, apparently Blues were willing to deal Berglund for Garrison but Garrison wouldn't waive for STL and we get a 2nd round pick instead. KWALITY.

Dreger says Canucks are offering #6, #24, and Shinkaruk for #1. Hmmmm...