DVDVR Message Board

Literally started laughing at the Philly fans totally hijacking Bettman's speech. That was sheer Philly class. Loved it.

I'm excited the Oilers have Draisaitl. I mean Christ just look at him walk on the stage, he's twice the size of poor ole' Dallas Eakins.

James Neal to the Preds. Who's going to centre him? Colin Wilson? Yikes. Welcome back to reality, James.

For Horny and Spaling. Not a good return.

Hope the Jets take Ehlers. Good for them! He's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Literally started laughing at the Philly fans totally hijacking Bettman's speech. That was sheer Philly class. Loved it.

I'm excited the Oilers have Draisaitl. I mean Christ just look at him walk on the stage, he's twice the size of poor ole' Dallas Eakins.

Now you know why I love the Philly fans, I knew they wouldn't let us down!

As part of his entry level contract Reinhert will get unlimited fistbumps from Sabretooth. Wonder if he has another brother who can be drafted by the Rangers so his family could get the NYS hat trick.

James Neal to the Preds. Who's going to centre him? Colin Wilson? Yikes. Welcome back to reality, James.

For Horny and Spaling. Not a good return.

Hope the Jets take Ehlers. Good for them! He's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Apparently Nashville said they are going after a center to play with James Neal.  You know the best centers (Spezza etc.) aren't going to waive a No-Trade to go there and the best free agents (Stastny) are not going to go there, so who does that leave?!  I'm guessing Mike Ribeiro.  Don Maloney not only threw Ribeiro under the bus (Saying he was bought out for purely behavioural reasons) but he backed the bus over him (Saying he missed meetings and buses, was late for practices and got into a shouting match) then drove over him once more (When asked about Phoenix being without a #1 center, he said something like "You saw the last 40 games, be honest, we didn't have on then either."  So, his value around the league and to top contenders is going to be nil, but a team like Nashville might be able to convince him to come in and play with Neal and rehabilitate his image.  I'm banking on that.  I mean, unless those 'Nashville wants Lecavalier' rumors come to fruition at which point I think Preds fans could sue David Poile for false advertising: "He clearly said he was going to get a #1 center for Neal, that *points at the broken-down husk of Vinnie Lecavalier* is no first-line center, sir!"

Reason #8658 that NHL Network is a joke: They don't/can't broadcast the draft.

I was watching on TSN, but apparently the NBC Sports Network (or whatever it's called) only had the draft scheduled to run until 10et so right at 10 with 4-5 picks left, they started showing track and field championships.  Nice work, NHL, that's a real solid broadcasting partner you got there!

Saw Ho-Sang fell to the Isles due to "character issues". Can any of you guys tell me if that's just a polite way of saying "non white and outspoken" because that's what it sounds like at first glance? And yes, there is an irony in the fact that the guy who drafted him cursed on live TV right after doing so.

Saw Ho-Sang fell to the Isles due to "character issues". Can any of you guys tell me if that's just a polite way of saying "non white and outspoken" because that's what it sounds like at first glance? And yes, there is an irony in the fact that the guy who drafted him cursed on live TV right after doing so.

The knock on him is they say he's not much of a team guy and is only out there for himself.  I dont know about that.  He's one of those supremely confident new breed of NHLers that bristle the old school guys.  Windsor was a much better team this year but its impressive nonetheless that Ho-Seng went from a -22 last year to a +26 this year

The Blues got the guy I wanted at 21 at 33, because a guy I didn't think was getting past 15 fell to a us at 21. They are both centers, are big organizational weakness. Our best C prospect going into this draft was Max Gardner, who had 1 point playing at Penn State last year. Now we have 3 pretty awesome C prospects, and we didn't give in to too high demands for Spezza.

If we sign Stastny, then I love this offseason.

Great great trade for the Blues. Got rid of a guy that's a potential pylon, though I like Polak, for a guy that can skate and is solid in his own end. Dork stats back this up too. 

The knock on him is they say he's not much of a team guy and is only out there for himself.  I dont know about that.  He's one of those supremely confident new breed of NHLers that bristle the old school guys.  Windsor was a much better team this year but its impressive nonetheless that Ho-Seng went from a -22 last year to a +26 this year

He also has no physical/defensive play and it remains to be seen if his game will translate to the NHL.  THAT said, he's supremely skilled.  A lot of the plays that Windsor had drawn up for Taylor Hall, they brought back for Ho-Sang.  I remember one game last year where the Windsor d-man would wait behind the net with the puck, Ho-Sang would come and pick up the puck circle behind the net then take off at full-speed up the ice, deking around defenders before floating a perfect pass to a teammate who just tapped it in.  I really thought he would end up a Top 5 pick after that.  I also don't think the interview he did last week where he called out Team Canada for not inviting him, blamed his being black for his low ranking and saying that whoever drafts him is getting the best player in the draft didn't help his stock.  He maybe had a point, but you're honestly better off just keeping quiet and not speaking out until you're dominating the NHL.

And we trade Polak for Gunnarson and a 4th. I think Gunnarson is the better player. By a pretty good amount. And we got the pick.

Really enjoying this draft.

Also, Toronto retained $200,000 in salary.

-Vancouver traded a 2nd round pick for Linden Vey of the Kings.

-Calgary acquired Brandon Bollig for a third rounder.

Wow, Buffalo is buying out Christian Ehrhoff's contract. That's huge news. I really loved him when he was here and he would be my #1 FA target if I ruled the world. Edler has never played as well than when he was with Ehrhoff. 

I wonder if Buffalo paying a good player money not to play for them just due to stupid contract length will convince GMs to stay away from the 5+ year type of offers on Tuesday. Of course it won't. Fuckers never learn and then complain about the players.

• Like 1

Can I just say that Oilers fans who were bitching we didn't find a way to recoup our traded away 2/3 round picks this year clearly are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? It's actually ok to trade picks for players some years people. Especially when you still had third overall so you're (in theory) getting one player that should be a lock.

Also, it appears Buffalo will either have to take on a bad contract or spend heavily in free agency somewhere in order to get to the cap floor? This is seriously the dumbest rule in the entire history of sports. I can't believe I used to actually think the salary cap was a great idea.