DVDVR Message Board

Post WrestleMania XXX RAW.

The Natural

I thought the two Bo videos we got were the best things about Raw, which is saying something because everything about this raw kicked ass. It's nice to know that it's still possible to have a great raw without having a great match.

And hopefully tonight will shut up about Paige debuting. I don't know much about her, but good to see she can fuck up a big spot like the rest of them.

I had to go look on youtube to se what the Paige Turner is actually supposed to be. Apparently it's a reverse Angle Slam. On Raw it looked like she gave AJ the old Bob Backlund "sweep the guy's leg out from under him with your hand" spot and got a 3-count off of it.

From start to finish it was perfectly booked.

They pulled off a perfect Tyson-Douglas with Paige and AJ.

Paul Heyman just owned the entire show tonight. He cut an amazing heel promo and had everyone eating out of his hand. Then he comes out later, turns face, and just owns the audience a second time. It takes a special talent to do what he did on the mic tonight. Paul clutching the Andre trophy during the match was pure gold.

I am back watching again because of tonight.

I thought the two Bo videos we got were the best things about Raw, which is saying something because everything about this raw kicked ass. It's nice to know that it's still possible to have a great raw without having a great match.

The Wyatt Family vs. The Superfriends was really damn good.

Honestly, I don't think Heyman turned face. I think the E is trying something new as an answer to a "problem" they've been having lately. We've talked about recently that there is this new trend starting: Heels who put on such good matches the crowd starts to love them. Well, maybe the best way to solve this "problem", is for those guys, downplay the face heel dynamic for them. Cesaro is aligned with an evil conniving son of a bitch, but we are gonna put him in the face role in a feud with Swagger, and see were we want to take it from there. You aren't turning Cesaro pure face, he still got to be a bit of a smug dick. But you are changing very little about what has been getting him over. He's a guy with incredible power spots, can have a great match with a broom, and can be a great fiery face or a great controlling heel.

You know, I feel good.  Do you feel good?  Because I feel good.

#yaywrestling

I feel great. Over the past few years my wrestling viewing had gone down, I hardly watched Raw or any other shows, just catching the stuff that was talked up via the internet. But over the past six months I've watched more and more often and now I think I'm all in again baby. Wrestling is just flat out fun again and it is an amazing amazing thing.

• Like 2

Dear Cesaro: keep that fucking trophy away from Jack Swagger if you want it intact.

It's not like Swaggs can lift it by himself ...

CALLED IT!

Hey, Kreskin, I'd like to see if you are just as spectacular in your prognostication the next time a cake shows up on Raw.

• Like 4

My favorite moment of the night, though, was the crowd, who were just mercilessly booing Big E, stopping to go nuts for his triple back breaker on Rowan, and then immediately resume cheering for the Wyatts.

That moment made me think that giving Big E a strong push would not be a hopeless tilting at windmills and he does stand a chance of getting over enough to justify a future main event push.

Overall a good show. Bryan's post-match promo was awesome. The War Games thing is a great idea and I hope they do it at Extreme Rules.

If I have one complaint its...who did Samien Sandow piss off?

Once again, me, by being terrible.

• Like 1

Mysterio continuing to get shit on by smark crowds is amazing as I would figure the guy has built enough good will with the audience over-the-years  to weather the worse of storms. The Rumble was an isolated incident, but

I wonder why WWE is completely against their wrestlers wearing street clothes to really sell the 'they are not suppose to be here' angle. Nexus shows up on Raw completely decked out in their ring gear and matching shirts. Paige shows up in full wrestling gear just to congratulate the champion?

The people WWE chose to go out there to die a nice death is very interesting. I think that WWE realizes that only a few ugys can go out, get boo'd, and the next week it will be like it never happened. Their standing within the company and storylines remains the same. Not the case for someone like Axel, Ryback, Miz, and others who are just shit.

There is no reason to NOT have a War Games style match either at Extreme Rules or the PPV after. All the elements are in place and plays nicely into the meta stoyeline. HHH's vision of WWE/Old Guard vs. What the fans want/New Guard.

Oh and...

DEAN TITTY MASTER AMBROSE

mjl0cp.jpg

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH why did I run out of likes before I saw this? The world seems unfair...

At least until I look back at the last segment again and see SHIELD whooping ass. That, my friends, is a world of JUSTICE.

A fascinating Raw overall, made bigger by an electric crowd.

• Like 3

Oh and...

DEAN TITTY MASTER AMBROSE

mjl0cp.jpg

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Why did I run out of likes before I saw this? The world seems unfair...

At least until I look back at the last segment again and see SHIELD whooping ass. That, my friends, is a world of JUSTICE.

A fascinating Raw overall, made bigger by an electric crowd.

For that, I'll loan you one of mine...

• Like 1

I think that moment kinda proves that wrestling is kinda swinging around to people going fucking nuts for strength spots. They had been kinda downplayed for a while, but we could be heading into a golden age of "Jesus Christ how did that guy do that?" with Cesaro at the helm.

So Brodus Clay and Great Khali have jobs for as long as they can climb into the ring and take those moves?