DVDVR Message Board

Post WrestleMania XXX RAW.

The Natural

Paul doing a Playboy Gary Hart heel-manager-mentoring-the-babyface tribute act is pretty damn great. Gotta love him getting booed out of the building an hour earlier only for the crowd to do a 180 on him an hour later. "What? With Brock? Nononononono, that wasn't me- that was my twin brother, Saul Heyman!"

• Like 2

Paul doing a Playboy Gary Hart heel-manager-mentoring-the-babyface tribute act is pretty damn great. Gotta love him getting booed out of the building an hour earlier only for the crowd to do a 180 on him an hour later. "What? With Brock? Nononononono, that wasn't me- that was my twin brother, Saul Heyman!"

Sign Guy Dudley is ready to go, man.

• Like 1

Adam Rose's floor with his character is as a face Fandango. The gimmick is super fun and he can work. He really perfected Leo Kruger in the ring down in NXT. He wrestled wonderfully as a hunter stalking his prey. But I think they read it right that the gimmick didn't have much potential on the main roster. If he can get some cool face offense to go along with the character, it could really take off.

The Bo Dallas videos were so wonderful. That's the perfect way to introduce him to the WWE universe without having to start his story from scratch. Just make him come in as a total cheeseball who speaks in motivational posters and the audience is going to turn on him right from the get go. The one thing I wish they did in NXT is get over how clever he is in the ring. Turnbuckles always mysteriously get untied and he uses the ring apron and the like. He's pretty devious and they never really put that fact over.

Man I really wish they figured out this developmental system years ago. There are so many guys on the main roster who came up in the mid and late 00s that would be so much better if they had that system. Imagine how great Sheamus could have been if he came up in this? Or Dolph? Or Nattie? Or Titus? All of those aforementioned folks are just missing the little puzzle pieces. Sheamus can work but he's just so friggin' awful at the character work. Dolph has never really found his voice as a character. Nattie's all over the map. Titus could be such a huge star, too.

I get the opinion that they had absolutely no oversight with the never ending NXT Redemption stuff. There was probably a little bit more with FCW (since Dusty and a few other trainers were down there) but it still isn't what NXT eventually became.

Some folks are talented enough that they could overcome a non-existent/crappy developmental system. But there's essentially a lost generation of middling guys who, if they had just that extra tweaking that a really supervised system with just a huge focus on everything that makes a great wrestling provides, could have really increased their stock.

Rusev seems like one of those guys who is too imposing to slowly rise up the card but too unknown to be a draw (see Big E.) . He's one of those guys who a few years back should've been given time on Smackdown to develop.

Maybe I'm the only one who was glad to see RVD back. I know he doesn't go along with the fresh faces narrative but he is fun in small doses. I thought his match with Jericho last year was slept on. It was like walking out of a time machine.

Anyone have any ideas what Sandow did to become midcard fodder? Remember when his loss in the title match to Cena was going to lead to great tings?

The Cesaro/Heyman pairing also gives Paul something to do in-between Brock appearances. Lesnar's still on a limited schedule, correct? They HAD to have him come out last night to celebrate the ultimate pelt to place on a mantle before he disappears for his next big angle. It'd be pretty lame if he went back to focusing on Rybaxel, who aren't bad but are what they are.

Now they have him paired with a guy with an insane amount of potential but is limited promo wise, largely because of language.

Anyone have any ideas what Sandow did to become midcard fodder? Remember when his loss in the title match to Cena was going to lead to great tings?

Let's just wait and see where this goes, okay?

• Like 1

the Bo Dallas videos were tremendous too. You can imagine him finding someone like Yoshi Tatsu or Darren Young to "mentor", but also continually screw over all the time, leading to a natural situation where Bo gobbles up some of those babyfaces while continuing his bo-taviational gimmick

An interest in numbers is one thing, but trudging through a few new pages of fans talking numbers like they sit in WWE daily financial strategy meetings and pretending to understand what they're talking about is just not a thing we need in the world.

• Like 2

The Cesaro/Heyman pairing also gives Paul something to do in-between Brock appearances. Lesnar's still on a limited schedule, correct? They HAD to have him come out last night to celebrate the ultimate pelt to place on a mantle before he disappears for his next big angle. It'd be pretty lame if he went back to focusing on Rybaxel, who aren't bad but are what they are.

Heyman abandoned them, so I could see them aligning with Zeb Coulter out of spite.

Speaking of tag teams, will we get a Usos vs Orton/Batista tag title match on PPV, or were the tag champs just used as props to put those guys over?

Heyman abandoned them, so I could see them aligning with Zeb Coulter out of spite.

Speaking of tag teams, will we get a Usos vs Orton/Batista tag title match on PPV, or were the tag champs just used as props to put those guys over?

What do you think? Tag Teams have always been props for big stars to abuse in WWE. Go back to Austin/Michaels, Tag champs.

An interest in numbers is one thing, but trudging through a few new pages of fans talking numbers like they sit in WWE daily financial strategy meetings and pretending to understand what they're talking about is just not a thing we need in the world.

It's cute you think this company has financial strategy meetings.