DVDVR Message Board

Biogenesis Suspensions Begin...

RIPPA

Gaylord Perry made himself into a Hall of Famer pitcher by slathering the ball more shit than your typical plate of cheese fries. His logic in an interview a couple of weeks ago? "we were just having fun out there", which apparently makes him superior to the PED users. I mean, what the fuck? 

So Rodriguez's people are, according to OTL, negotiating with MLB for something other than a lifetime ban and hopefully less than a year and a half off.  

I think he's desperate to get at least to Mays and maybe Ruth.  But I'm guessing he's hoping that some team will take a roll of the dice on a 40 year old who hasn't played in 2 years who's chasing some stats.  

So, this is from 2015:

Posted Image

One of them isn't yet producing enough T, the other stopped a solid decade ago. I know they know someone who can help.

Steve Austin and Onnit Labs?

Imagine the whole reason they got caught was because they forgot the SLASH STEVE?

This was the highlight of an otherwise ongoing crappy workday.

Gaylord Perry made himself into a Hall of Famer pitcher by slathering the ball more shit than your typical plate of cheese fries. His logic in an interview a couple of weeks ago? "we were just having fun out there", which apparently makes him superior to the PED users. I mean, what the fuck? 

i realize its a pretty fucked up mindset to have, but given that spitballs were only banned to increase home run use, I have less problem with that. .Same with pine tar and corked bats, on the field cheating is more a part of baseball tradtition than off field cheating. Yes its ludcrious, but the double standard is there.  I am not actually comfortable at all with this latest move by baseball unless Selig plans on wiping out the late 1990's from the history books. . . just seems like others on this board are saying that he;s trying to do the Yankees a favor with Aroid. . .

So Rodriguez's people are, according to OTL, negotiating with MLB for something other than a lifetime ban and hopefully less than a year and a half off.  

I think he's desperate to get at least to Mays and maybe Ruth.  But I'm guessing he's hoping that some team will take a roll of the dice on a 40 year old who hasn't played in 2 years who's chasing some stats.  

So, this is from 2015:

Posted Image

Only if the Yanks eat 95% of the salary. . .

So, this is from 2015:

Posted Image

Remember, they're about 2 millimeters away from voiding his contract. I'm positive they're going to do everything in their power to do so in the next 6 months.

So, this is from 2015:

Posted Image

Remember, they're about 2 millimeters away from voiding his contract. I'm positive they're going to do everything in their power to do so in the next 6 months.

Oh. . .Yeah if they manage to bend the union over to the point that happens. . . then it could happen, easily

I know its not exactly the same, but Pete Rose was a player/manager, so he probably bet while he was still playing, if he gets back in, let the 1919 White sox back in too.  Sure they threw the series, but do we have evidence(other than Rose's word) that he never bet on his team to lose or shaved points? No he's never getting in the Hall of Fame.

Fuck that ridiculous logic.  So he "probably" bet while he was still playing? And then you go on to say "but do we have evidence that he never bet on his team to lose or shaved points?" That is some idiotic thinking.  If you're going to ban a guy for life don't you think you should have evidence the other way? Hey buddy, we think you "probably" bet while you were playing and we don't have any evidence that you ever bet against your team so we need proof of that. There is no way possible to prove that you didn't do something like that.   

In no way, shape, or form is what Rose did similar to the Black Sox throwing the series.  They threw the fucking series! There's no evidence that Rose ever threw anything at all.  Rose bet on baseball and that's a big no-no but there's never been any evidence that he bet against his team.  He has publicly said that he bet "on" his team but never against it.  Rose is an idiot and made a mistake but he should absolutely be included in the HOF. 

Just because Rose bet on is team to win doesn't mean that he wasn't manipulating things.

If Rose has a bet on tonights game, he might manage differently that if he didnt. Maybe he uses his bullpen differently. Maybe yanks a starter earlier. Maybe he lpays an injured player because that guy at 75% is better than his replacementat 100%.

Win harder to win on nights he has bets than on nights he did not? Yes

And if youre Roses bookie, you know that on a night he doesnt bet, he doesnt have confidence on his team and you shift the line accordingly.

• Like 2

This whole long drawn out drama has been such a farce. Everything about it is wrong, the players who possibly cheated, the commissioner who cannot lead, the press that presents its own pristine narrative. When the World Series gets clobbered in the ratings this year and the Yankees can freely splurge again while hopeless teams like the Orioles and Indians keep on going nowhere, what will the excuses be then?

I do not like Alex Rodriguez but I hope he dismantles Selig and the MLB in court. It would be all so enjoyable. He'll probably just agree to some lesser sentence.

On the other hand, the fans of both teams seem to still not realize they have baseball teams in terms of attendance. Especially Cleveland, they are dead last in the league in % of tickets sold. This doesn't explain how the Giants are near the top in that particular statistic. Something seems off about that.

On the other hand, the fans of both teams seem to still not realize they have baseball teams in terms of attendance. Especially Cleveland, they are dead last in the league in % of tickets sold. This doesn't explain how the Giants are near the top in that particular statistic. Something seems off about that.

Becauase most fans prefer to watch at home rather than trudge out to the stadium.  Baseball execs (and even football execs) don't seem to realize that and think that eventually things will go back to the Indians 455 sellout streak for all teams rather than the new reality of all teams permanently playing to half-empty stadiums as the majority of their fans watch on TV.

Until stadiums have free wifi for all so that people can watch other games and bet on things like they can at their house, attendance will continue to fall. It doesn't help that it costs me $4 to get drunk at my house but $60 to get drunk at a game. 

• Like 1