DVDVR Message Board

Biogenesis Suspensions Begin...

RIPPA

Last time I wore anything sports related in Philly is when I got shit wearing my Yankees hat, when the Phillies were playing the Marlins.  

Anytime I go to Philly, if I'm wearing anything sports related, its my Eagles shirt.

and you don't want to go to a Flyers game not wearing Orange and Black.  I thought I was gonna die that night the Rangers lit them up and they all knew I was a Ranger fan, because I wasn't wearing any Philly garb.

-Nelson Cruz, Rangers-Everth Cabrera, Padres-Jhonny Peralta, Tigers-Antonio Bastardo, Phillies-Jordany Valdespin, Mets-Francisco Cervelli, Yankees-Jesus Montero, Mariners-Cesar Puello, Mets-Fautino de los Santos, Padres-Sergio Escalona, Astros-Fernando Martinez, Yankees-Jordan Norberto, free agent

Insert fart noise here. Three players on the minor league DL, three minor leaguers, one unemployed player, one player on the major league DL, and a middle reliever for a shitty team to go along with Cruz, Cabrera, and Peralta. Out of those 12, the only one that's really a huge deal is Cruz, since the Rangers couldn't find a suitable replacement at the trade deadline. The Tigers grabbed Iglesias to replace Peralta, and the Padres are garbage and they might drop from third to fifth without Cabrera.

All that buildup for that?  Blah.

As I said in my post about it, it's just like the Mitchell Report ten years ago. Everyone's like FUCK YES, TIME FOR THE LID TO BE BLOWN OFF STEROIDS!, and you're getting names of guys like David Segui past the top tier of heavy hitters. All or nothing.

He won't.  He's already fighting it, and is gonna appeal his suspension, which will allow him to play.  With how sensitive he is to getting booed, he might be able to deal with it the next 3 days in Chicago, but Friday is gonna be UGLY.

There is also a report that says that part of A-Rod's appeal is going to be claiming the Yanks misdiagnosed him and that he had to "seek alternative methods"

It's actually 211 games, starting on Thursday. Girardi said he's going to use him tonight. Farewell, 80% insurance on $29 million...

Honestly - I think all they really cared about was him being out all of next year so that way they can easily get under the luxury tax, then they basically get their reset credit and can start spending again.

Hence bitter Buck Showalter

It's actually 211 games, starting on Thursday. Girardi said he's going to use him tonight. Farewell, 80% insurance on $29 million...

Honestly - I think all they really cared about was him being out all of next year so that way they can easily get under the luxury tax, then they basically get their reset credit and can start spending again.

Hence bitter Buck Showalter

On one hand, I do agree with Buck that it's bullshit that they get to wipe $26M off the books for next year while also getting $32M to subsidize Soriano and Wells...but christ, they have so many pending FAs and a weak upper farm that they're going to need to spend anyway, and with the FA market looking shitty, things could get ugly in a hurry.

I've been to two Phillies games, both times to see the Cards, and never had any issues with fans. In fact, both times I ended up having a really nice conversation with the Phillies fans next to me. I hate Philly sports fans with the fire of a thousand suns, but I think baseball games are different than the vibe you would get at an Eagles game.

I'm curious as to which teams you follow.As for Phillies fans vs. Eagles fans, I've been to several Phils games and I worked at Lincoln Financial Field for a season. I'd gladly take a hundred Phillies games than one Eagles game ever again (or really any event at the Linc other than the Army/Navy Game) because of the reasons you and Raziel have stated. I like Philly sports, but I hate it's fans.
I follow the Cards for baseball because my mom moved to MO when I was a kid and Ozzie Smith did backflips. I follow Cleveland sports for the rest because that is where I grew up. The Indians are just a distant second to the Cards.

Biogenesis lists appears to be predominately, if not totally Latin/Hispanic players.

They probably all got contacted and linked up through the same circles. Braun's not Hispanic, but he's from the region, so that's plausible.