DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I feel sorry for Burch as he never even got a shot on the main NXT roster, I did always wonder how much legs the football hooligan gimmick had but it feels like he never really got a try. 

Magnus could be building a Team Britain over in TNA, Burch and Grey would be alright against the Wolves so they wouldn't be bad signings.

News is floating around that WWE is being investigated for potential securities laws violations.

This is far from an investigation.

An unnamed law firm is conducting an "investigation" into alleged misappropriations the WWE made in its public statements.

There are absolutely no details. The law firm isn't even known.

This type of stuff is pretty commonplace. Google "Shareholder Foundation" and look. Most times, someone sees the stock price of a company has taken a hit, tries to get some other investors on board, and claims the company did something wrong in an attempt to get some sort of settlement, etc.  They haven't filed a complaint or anything remotely close.

If this was the Securities and Exchange Commission leading the investigation, then it's a gigantic story.

This is almost certainly a fishing expedition.

• Like 1

News is floating around that WWE is being investigated for potential securities laws violations.

An unnamed law firm is conducting an "investigation" into alleged misappropriations the WWE made in its public statements.

This type of stuff is pretty commonplace. Google "Shareholder Foundation" and look. Most times, someone sees the stock price of a company has taken a hit, tries to get some other investors on board, and claims the company did something wrong in an attempt to get some sort of settlement, etc.  They haven't filed a complaint or anything remotely close.

If this was the Securities and Exchange Commission leading the investigation, then it's a gigantic story.

It's weird, the law firm doing the investigation is called Dixie, Jarrett and Jarrett.

• Like 1

I saw the headline and thought SEC, but when I read the article I was like who the hell are Shareholders Foundation. So the WWE might have mislead people with earnings and stuff. It wouldn't be the first time a major corporation has done something like that.

Mason Ryan, Oliver Grey, Shaul Guerrero and Danny Burch were all released/contracts expired/whatever.

Big shame to see Burch and Grey get released, neither guy really got a chance to show what they can do. Burch in particular is a fantastic wrestler. On the selfish side, as one of the larger BritWres companies regularly puts on shows 5mins from my house, I look forward to seeing them in the next 6 months.

As a Welshie, I'm also a bit disappointed for Ryan, but he was never really going to cut it. Even in NXT, he barely got a reaction from the crowd.

Jessy Sorensen did an interview with Chinlock radio saying that he met with lawyers about suing TNA regarding paying for his injuries, and brought it up in a phone conversation with Bruce Prichard. Three days later he was on the phone with Prichard, Dixie Carter and Dean Broadbend (the CFO of TNA), and they offered him the production job. He said with the benefit of hindsight, he probably should have sued and chalked it up to being young and foolish. He said that he had friends in WWE who told him that TNA not paying his medical bills was bullshit.

From the observer. (FYI, the reason he can't sue now is apparently because the time he could take legal action expired, then he got fired a month or so after).

I was going to say Sorensen's situation is a good lesson for all wrestlers. But, really, it might be a lesson to anyone who runs into trouble with their work being reluctant/refusing to pay for workplace injuries.

Jessy Sorensen did an interview with Chinlock radio saying that he met with lawyers about suing TNA regarding paying for his injuries, and brought it up in a phone conversation with Bruce Prichard. Three days later he was on the phone with Prichard, Dixie Carter and Dean Broadbend (the CFO of TNA), and they offered him the production job. He said with the benefit of hindsight, he probably should have sued and chalked it up to being young and foolish. He said that he had friends in WWE who told him that TNA not paying his medical bills was bullshit.

From the observer. (FYI, the reason he can't sue now is apparently because the time he could take legal action expired, then he got fired a month or so after).

TNA!  TNA!  TNA!