DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: LARRY CAMERON

RIPPA

All you fuckers and your youth will not appreciate why the name Larry Cameron means something to those of us growing up in the 80s and stupidly wasting money on Apter mags. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SHIT!!!!

Alas he wasn't

And then he died...

This is all like how no one will understand why the Cameron vs. Derrick Fucking Dukes match makes me giggle so

Youngsters will also not remember that Larry Cameron was the third member of DOOM for like 17 hours.

I have no memory of that either... but I am as old as shit.

Damn, I miss Lethal Larry.  Larry murdering Tommy Ferrara once a month in the NWA never got old.

Like so....

I think I've watched all the Stampede with Larry Cameron (and that announcer everyone wanted to punch in the face) but I don't ever recall Cameron being called Larry "Shaft" Cameron.  Which is hilarious.

EDIT:  Changed to the Cameron match with the amazing ON THE STICK~! Bob Emerey!

It's a shame that nothing from his time in Stampede seems to be on Youtube.

Of course - none of his football career appears to be up either but asking for CFL in the early 80s is really fucking pushing it

It was weird.  The first time I ever saw him was a local ad for a card at the Richmond Coliseum where he was introduced by Teddy Long.  Then nothing ever materialized.

Aren't two of the videos posted in this thread from Stampede?

Well at the time I posted - Dean hadn't edited his video yet and for some reason I thought the Ferrara match was some random VA indy show. Don't ask me why.

Outside of I am dumb

RIPPA is a million so his mind may wander a bit. Hell, I can't believe he remembered Larry Cameron.

• Like 1

Of course - none of his football career appears to be up either but asking for CFL in the early 80s is really fucking pushing it

i'm just going to guess Canadian YouTube has a guy who posts tons of full CFL games from 1983, but we can't access his account from America due to restrictions

I think he was just talking about Larry on TiJ.  I think he mentioned that Larry loved either pancakes or waffles and that Larry had asked him to bring maple syrup back from Canada for the next tour and that Larry passed before Jericho returned.

RIPPA is a million so his mind may wander a bit. Hell, I can't believe he remembered Larry Cameron.

If you read any Apter mag between 1989-1990, you knew who Larry Cameron was.  That was their next Lex Luger.

The first time I read about Larry Cameron was an "Inside Wrestling" magazine which had a blurb about his death. 6 year old me thought Tony St. Clair was the most dangerous man in wrestling since he was Cameron's opponent when he died.

I think he was just talking about Larry on TiJ.  I think he mentioned that Larry loved either pancakes or waffles and that Larry had asked him to bring maple syrup back from Canada for the next tour and that Larry passed before Jericho returned.

Lance Storm was the one who mentioned that, he was supposed to bring Larry the pancake suryp back to Germany.

Larry Cameron in Stampede was a scary dude. Mark me down as a fan.

• 4 months later...

Rummaging around old DVDVRs for various reasons and I found I reviewed this

New Japan- Bam Bam Bigelow/Larry Cameron vs. Ricki Chosu/Shinya Hashimoto-(phil rippa!): 

This is another of those matches Phil stumbled across going through the tapes Dean is too lazy to watch. In all of my years of wrestling watching, this is the very first time I have ever seen Cameron. I remember the Apter mags moistening their panties over him back in the day. He developed this Steve Disalvoian level of following on the Net and now here he is on my TV screen. If this match is any indication of how he wrestled his entire career, I can safely say he stunk. Maybe it was just because this was one of his final matches. I don't know. (He seemed a little unsettled in the ring). He's offense was quite Headbutt-erific. Choshu doesn't do much except throw a bunch of lariats so the bulk of this matches falls on the shoulders of Hashimoto and Bigelow which is fine by me. Hashimoto is WAY smaller than he is now and it is really weird watching him lay in the kicks. I guess it is a whole matter of perception since watching skinny Hash deliver the kicks doesn't look as nasty. Still he rightly kicks Cameron in his pretty boy face. Bigelow bumps a bunch in an attempt to save the match but his partner drags him down. Cameron rightfully does the job and I think I was better off not ever watching him wrestle.

I wish this was online somewhere but it's not on Youtube and when you search Larry Cameron on Dailymotion it gives you a billion Larry King clips

• 2 months later...