DVDVR Message Board

Best WrestleMania Entrances

Zac_Fu

Since it looks like WrestleMania may be one of the least anticipated in years, I thought maybe we could focus on some of the pageantry of the past and talk about our favorite entrances. What are some of yours?

I'll lead off with one of my favorites - Rey Rey Baggins at WM 22. Definitely one of his best entrances, and the crowd seemed to get into it too.

The Shawn Michael's Wrestlemania 12 entrance is one of those "unforgettable entrances." It was also less than a year into me being a wrestling fan, and I was nine years old.

They prepared for the entrance with Shawn's rope swing entrance at In Your House the month before in a forgotten great match with Owen.

Also, The Taker Mania 14 entrance with the druids before he faced off against Kane was really cool with the lighted torches and Taker blowing them out as he walked by.

• Like 1

Piper at Mania 3. This was before wrestling became the land of the fake retirements. Piper, Roddy f'n Piper, the guy who two years ago was our antihero, and he turned babyface, but he never changed, not one bit, he still spit on Hogan when they teamed, after all he went through getting his ass beat in by Adonis and Muraco and Orton and running through them all one by one, and finally his retirement match in front of the largest crowd ever, and it's got to be a quarter mile ride to the ring, and he walks it. No pyro, no stage, no nothing. Just Roddy Piper walking to the ring to beat the piss out of Adrian Adonis once and for all and go out a hero. And that's exactly what he did.

So yeah, that's my favorite.

• Like 4

When I think of WrestleMania entrances, a lot are The Undertaker's. I'd go as far as to say The Undertaker's WrestleMania XIV entrance against Kane is his best ever:

I'm fond of this one as it marked The Undertaker's return to this gimmick:

I'm also fond of this Undertaker entrance from last year's WrestleMania:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca4hXZ-icKI

The two Hunter entrances with Motorhead were awesome

The first one at 17 ruled cause it was such a surprise . I don't even remember the second one.

Lemmy probably doesn't remember it either. He sounded pretty hammered.

Kane's entrance from the first ever MITB match.

Skip to about 3:30. The pyro lights all of the ladders on fire while Kane is walking out..and that laugh he lets out stuck with me for some reason.

My other non Undertaker favorite is Ric Flair's from WM 24.

• Like 1

I personally liked both Triple H's and Undertaker's from WM 27. Like mco said, Hunter's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" entrance was the perfect entrance for someone who's facing the Undertaker. And I just liked the simplicity of Taker coming out to "Ain't No Grave".

As a honorable mention, Wrestlemania XIX, Shawn Michaels shooting the pyro rifles. The one won't fire, so he just shrugs and moves on to the next. Always got a chuckle out of me, his verbal reaction to it.

As another, I always dug the Wrestlemania III mini-ring cart. Probably look stupid if they did such a thing now but it looked cool to me on tape, the wrestlers riding in through that massive crowd.