DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-27-14 - Post-Rumble Raw

MGFanJay

Ambrose sold that Brogue kick like a cartoon wolf getting hit by a brick.

That's something that the Shield don't get enough credit for. They're a dominant unit, had a great run -- and they have no trouble showing ass. Just look at that Roman Reigns "falls on his butt" .gif from a house show.

That main event ruled. Completely wild and unpredictable and on par with any of the previous Shield classics. Reigns powering out of the STF was so friggin' cool. I loved Dean talking all that smack after the first sequence and Roman and Seth scolding him like a dog. I'm sure there might be some sort of a redux considering the DQ ending. But The Wyatts vs. The Shield in what could be The Shield's Last Stand is going to friggin' rule.

I dug a bunch of other stuff on the show. I thought the Real American vs. Team Mexico match was really good. I liked Zeb slapping Jack to wake him up -- like a tea party war veteran Bobby Knight. They're really pushing him as a great coach. The end sequence of The Usos match was great, too. I also thought Dolph vs. Miz was shockingly decent.

I haaaaaated The Brotherhood vs. The New Age Outlaws. Man, the NAO cannot go back to being road agents and signing autographs at flea markets fast enough.

there'd be a solid reason to do Shield v. Wyatts at EC.

So the EC match is.... Orton v. Cena v. Bryan v. Sheamus v. Brock v..... I shouldn't blank on the 3rd heel, should I? I was thinking they'd put Bray in the EC match. They could put Bray and Reigns in the match with Orton, Cena, Bryan, Sheamus, then put Rollins/Ambrose v. Luke/Rowan. But that could put off the "THE SHIELD EXPLODES" storyline since Reigns is the guy turning face out of those 3.

Nice of the Wyatts to help Daniel Bryan get a PPV main event though.

So, is Brock gonna keep killing people until he gets something he wants?

Too bad HHH married the boss's daughter and became successful at his chosen profession because he totally missed his calling as a message board troll. That opening promo combining Gonzalez's mic skills with FSW's workrate was a thing of absolute beauty.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

Man, Road Dogg has such a natural delivery on the mic, he says nothing and still out classes damn near the whole roster.

It is still slightly mind blowing to me just how fucking over AmDrag is.

Who draws the short straw and has to tell Brock to chill with the "no regard for human life" chair throwing fits?  If I'm sitting in the front of a WWE event and Brock comes within any radius of a chair, I'm heading to the concession stands.  I need my face to stay pretty.  Brock out there slinging chairs like he's out in an empty cornfield instead of a highly crowded arena.  This dude is going to hit some Jimmy in the front row one of these days and the WWE is going to catch a case.  This guy is wild.

• Like 3

Too bad HHH married the boss's daughter and became successful at his chosen profession because he totally missed his calling as a message board troll. That opening promo combining Gonzalez's mic skills with FSW's workrate was a thing of absolute beauty.

I don't understand all this love for HHH's fifth grader taunts as if it takes some kind of special talent to do it.  Being an annoying dickhead is literally the easiest thing in the world to be.

• Like 7

That promo almost single-handedly justified the Royal Rumble being booked the way it was.

Man, Road Dogg has such a natural delivery on the mic, he says nothing and still out classes damn near the whole roster.

It is still slightly mind blowing to me just how fucking over AmDrag is.

I never want to see him wrestle again, but it's a mind-boggling that Road Dogg isn't on TV as the mouthpiece for someone.

• Like 2

Cleveland booing Cena, when he is Daniel Bryan's partner, in a match where the winning team gets the title shot they so badly want Bryan to have - that was just an amazing lack of awareness on display.

Kudos, Cleveland.

They also chanted Cleveland sucks at one point.

I thought it was "Cleveland Rocks" but this is far more true. Hey, at least Dolph won a match! I guess. It was in Cleveland, maybe technically doesn't count

EDIT: I could give less of a fuck how many Lil' Jimmys get wrecked by chairs, that made his Brock Lesnar Does Something Fucking Crazy On Live TV quotient for the night.

Cleveland booing Cena, when he is Daniel Bryan's partner, in a match where the winning team gets the title shot they so badly want Bryan to have - that was just an amazing lack of awareness on display.

Kudos, Cleveland.

I think they were actually saying "Steelers suck" because there was a guy in the front row in Steelers gear, and he turned around and started jawing at people right as that chant got going. King (or whoever was in his ear) just mis-heard.

• Like 1

Kudos, Cleveland.

I believe that was a contingent of fans from Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure one of them was wearing a Steelers beanie.

there'd be a solid reason to do Shield v. Wyatts at EC.

So the EC match is.... Orton v. Cena v. Bryan v. Sheamus v. Brock v..... I shouldn't blank on the 3rd heel, should I? I was thinking they'd put Bray in the EC match. They could put Bray and Reigns in the match with Orton, Cena, Bryan, Sheamus, then put Rollins/Ambrose v. Luke/Rowan. But that could put off the "THE SHIELD EXPLODES" storyline since Reigns is the guy turning face out of those 3.

Figure we might get Del Rio/Batista at EC, if Batista's caught his breath by then. I'd keep Brock out of the chamber, myself, but then they'd really have slim pickings since he's just packed Show and Henry off for the time being. Punk, maybe?