DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-27-14 - Post-Rumble Raw

MGFanJay

A fine show continuing in the tradition of people not really giving a fuck about what happened to them at the PPV.  You'd think Cena would have something to say about getting fucked out of the title and not going to Mania, no?

No because he was given a chance to main event Mania due to the opening segment. Whether he won last night or not, he's still going in the Elimination Chamber. 

Royal Rumble winners usually get X-Pac heat, right?

There's no such thing as "X-Pac Heat". Batista is getting heat. And if WWE parlayed it into Batista vs. Bryan, it would be molten hot. But since they're not going to, it's wasted heat.

• Like 1

There's no such thing as "X-Pac Heat". Batista is getting heat. And if WWE parlayed it into Batista vs. Bryan, it would be molten hot. But since they're not going to, it's wasted heat.

Maybe, but I don't think most people give a fuck about Batista. Total apathy. Could be wrong.

Also, you put anybody against Bryan right now and it would work.

Too bad HHH married the boss's daughter and became successful at his chosen profession because he totally missed his calling as a message board troll. That opening promo combining Gonzalez's mic skills with FSW's workrate was a thing of absolute beauty.

That promo almost single-handedly justified the Royal Rumble being booked the way it was.
No. No it did not.

Also. NO!

There's no such thing as "X-Pac Heat".

Such nonsense.

• Like 1

My wife very rarely watches wrestling and sat down to watch the main event tonight. She actually lost her train of thought when Roman hit the Superman punch. I am on the couch tonight.

D-Bry and Rollins' little stretch at the end was pretty damn solid.

Was very happy to see The Real Americans go over Car Stereo. It seems like the WWE has given up on Sin Cara no matter who is under the mask- the announcers weren't even paying attention when he was in the ring, and then Rey hot tagged and they lost their damn minds. Seems like it should be the other way around if they want to get a new mask over to replace poor Rey's knees.

• Like 1

Maybe, but I don't think most people give a fuck about Batista. Total apathy. Could be wrong.

Also, you put anybody against Bryan right now and it would work.

He's been gone for a long time. It kind of reminds me of Jericho's first comeback. He was gone for a while and he got really weak reactions when he came back. Of course, then he went heel and completely reinvented himself. That's probably what Batista needs to do.

Batista can't really "reinvent" himself because he's pretty much run the gamut on the characters he can realistically do with the persona he has in WWE. Smilin', asskickin' babyface? Done it, and he's doing that now. Serious, pissed off Batista? He's done that before. The thing with Jericho and why his heel turn worked is because, like you said, he completely reinvented his character. Batista doesn't really have that luxury, and he probably only has select dates throughout the 2 year contract where he could really show that new side of his character and test the waters. Jericho had that chance every week, and that's why he got so good at it.

Batista's problem is he came back at a time when WWE is.... uh, well, relatively "firing on all cylinders". I mean, yeah, they fuck up and make the wrong decision, but there's a shitload of things going on within the world of WWE, and adding Batista and bringing back Lesnar again, and probably The Undertaker... there's too much star power right now. You never think that would be a bad thing, until all of these huge names start competing over TV time and shit like that, and that's when people and angles and whatnot get lost in the shuffle.

Plus, the fans REALLY want someone else as "their" guy, not the one they're trying to give us instead. That can't help either.

I think Douchetista has some more legs to it. That run ended far sooner than it should have.

I'm sure with his big movie and his MMA stuff now they can add a little twist to the character. Delusional musclehead who wears tight polo shirts and thinks he's the biggest movie star and greatest mixed martial artist on the planet. A Jeff Jarrett "King of Mexico" type thing.

Some good matches tonight. Solid opening tag and I really enjoyed Alberto/Kofi. Was loving the Rhodes/Outlaw tag til the finish, the Outlaws rule. Fun main event and Aksana looked great too. Weird to have no mention of Punk all night, noticed when the main started "No CM Punk" was trending worldwide on twitter. Glad to see Jake the Snake will be joining the HOF, gonna hold out hope for a Sid induction. Guessing Brock and Wyatt get the last 2 Chamber spots

So WWE is really going to stick out this Batista lemon instead of making lemonade.  Whatever.

I still just don't get why Bryan couldn't be in the Rumble, even just to lose?  My thinking is this, if Bryan was in the Rumble and he was eliminated by a heel, that could've given a huge rub of heel heat to whoever eliminated him.

I wonder if those rumored "re-writes" were to put a Daniel Bryan-Triple H match on the table for Wrestlemania.

That Punk-Authority feud is so fucking shitty. Nobody wants to see that match. I don't even really understand why they are feuding. 

Bryan is the guy everyone wants to see give H his comeuppance. If he's not in the title match, that's the match they've gotta do. It's friggen half a year in the making at this point.

I would never trust Triple H in a million years in that scenario.  Case in point, the disaster that was the WrestleMania 25 main event.

Earlier this month, I said Triple H's had two bad WrestleMania main events against Chris Jericho at WrestleMania X8 and especially the Randy Orton match at WrestleMania XXV. We're in agreement.

• Like 1

It's 3:15 in the morning, so obviously it's way past my bedtime and I may be delusional here, but I was thinking about the Elimination Chamber. I think Del Rio will become the 6th competitor along with Lesner, Orton, Cena, Sheamus, and Bryan. I'll even up the ante and say he will become the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

It's 3:15 in the morning, so obviously it's way past my bedtime and I may be delusional here, but I was thinking about the Elimination Chamber. I think Del Rio will become the 6th competitor along with Lesner, Orton, Cena, Sheamus, and Bryan. I'll even up the ante and say he will become the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

You're out of your fucking mind.

• Like 1