DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

Has anyone else heard that first-round picks can have a song played during their walk up to the stage?  That has the potential for epic messiness!  Drake, Jay-Z, and Rick Ross are going to make a fortune in royalties tomorrow night!

I just saw that news bit on the way home.

I am going to assume they had to give the NFL some choices to allow for the NFL to get the clearance in plenty of time. Plus they will probably do what baseball does and play what ever the legal limit is in terms of length before having to pay royalties

Has anyone else heard that first-round picks can have a song played during their walk up to the stage?  That has the potential for epic messiness!  Drake, Jay-Z, and Rick Ross are going to make a fortune in royalties tomorrow night!

I just saw that news bit on the way home.

I am going to assume they had to give the NFL some choices to allow for the NFL to get the clearance in plenty of time. Plus they will probably do what baseball does and play what ever the legal limit is in terms of length before having to pay royalties

Noooooooooo!  Ratchetedness must ensue for my entertainment!  Victory dances, 30 person posses, Manziel bringing out Drake!  It must happen!

If the NFL Draft didn't jump the shark when it expanded to prime time(I think it did), then allowing fucking entrance music is it. . . .Unfortunately my new job has me working during the first night(my first shift no less; not complaining as I have been out of work for a while), which means my epic bitch out of the Bills front office will have to wait(unless they get smart and draft a damn OT). If its Eborn. . . . 

Well, the crazies who attend the Draft have done the "What?" to Goodell a couple years in a row now - why not embrace the crossover and give each pick his own entrance theme?

I only wish they'd go full on with it. Have the music kick in before the name is announced -

Goodell: "With the fourth pick, the Browns select..."

*Cue "Started from the Bottom" by Drake*

Berman: "That's Johnny Football's music, Mel!"

• Like 3

I was thrilled when the NHL draft cut back from 2 days 1 one last season. Dragging it out achieves nothing, unless of course you are the NFL and apparently you can actually get sponsors to go in for a FOURTH DAY.

Ridiculous but if they keep paying you, they keep paying you.

The 2004 version of caught in the Draft was pretty interesting with the whole Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers issue.   Funny watching all the other rookies make fun of Eli for telling everybody he didn't want to play in San Diego.  Unfortunately they never explained why Archie Manning wanted nothing to do with San Diego.  Probably was discussed somewhere else.

The best part was the whole Big Ben story.   He and the agent Steinberg was positive he was going to the Giants and the reaction of Steinberg when they picked Rivers is just amazing.  Just had this great snarl on his face pounding the table.   Plus Steinberg was probably on his raging alcoholic phase of life.   Thank god it happened the way it did for the Steelers and probably the Giants feel the same way at least once every 2 or 3 years.  :D

Part of the Eli saga is the Mannings didn't want him in the AFC with Peyton. But the larger part is Archie didn't care for the Chargers' front office.

Given the way they destroyed Ryan Leaf, Archie's dislike was well-founded.

Jay Glazer tweeted last night that the Browns will not be taking Manziel. Obviously at this time of the year there is always the chance they are lying, but I have my doubts because Cleveland hates me.

Then Oakland takes him at 5.

Manziel to Oakland just seems right for some reason.

Of course, I wouldn't be opposed to him going at 8, either. I like Bridgwater more, but Manziel would work.

If the Texans somehow end up with Clowney and Bridgewater like the pundits have been saying, I will jump for joy.  That's too awesome.  If we end up with Johnny Football, I promise I won't be upset and do my best to support that SOB. 

Random draft crushes: Clowney, Bridgewater, Carlos Hyde, Lache Seastrunk, Louis Nix, Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, D'Anthony Thomas, Tajh Boyd, Daniel McCullers, Tre Mason, Sammy Watkins.

I am assuming that around 2 pm today we will get those reports of "The Texans will draft (insert whatever player here) if they don't make a trade"

And that will be in the hopes of stoking the trade fires.

The best part was the whole Big Ben story.   He and the agent Steinberg was positive he was going to the Giants and the reaction of Steinberg when they picked Rivers is just amazing.  Just had this great snarl on his face pounding the table.

Well, Ben was going to the Giants. Somebody did a piece on the 04 draft in the paper recently and there were quotes from NY's GM at the time - Ernie Accorsi I believe - and he said straight up that if they couldn't swing a deal for Eli, Ben was definitely going to be their pick. So Steinberg's info was probably accurate - at least until the trade was struck which he may or may not have been aware of.

For whatever reason San Diego only liked Rivers and Eli so NY took Rivers at their behest. Steinberg had pretty good reason to be worried at that point because who knows how far Ben could've fallen. It's well-known around town that the Steelers already had Tommy Maddox so Bill Cowher didn't really want to take a QB, the Rooneys basically had to pull rank on him. If Ben slid past the Steelers at #11, he probably wouldn't have been taken until Buffalo took JP Losman at #22.

Has anyone else heard that first-round picks can have a song played during their walk up to the stage? That has the potential for epic messiness! Drake, Jay-Z, and Rick Ross are going to make a fortune in royalties tomorrow night!

I'll bet money on at least one draftee using Flight Of The Valkyries.

Oh draft time - there are three different stories on PFT right now about what the Texans supposed price for the #1 pick is.

Also - Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via PFT) is saying that the Rams are only saying the want Manziel to get someone to trade into #2 and that Jeff Fisher gave Sam Bradford the heads up before hand so he wouldn't feel slighted

The entrance music is probably a part of Universal Music Group's relationship with Disney. UMG provides better producers to Disney's music roster, Disney provides a list of artists from UMG labels for athletes to choose from.

Oh draft time - there are three different stories on PFT right now about what the Texans supposed price for the #1 pick is.

Also - Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via PFT) is saying that the Rams are only saying the want Manziel to get someone to trade into #2 and that Jeff Fisher gave Sam Bradford the heads up before hand so he wouldn't feel slighted

So Bradford is the Sting of the Rams?

The entrance music is probably a part of Universal Music Group's relationship with Disney. UMG provides better producers to Disney's music roster, Disney provides a list of artists from UMG labels for athletes to choose from.

So who will be coming into "Let it go" ?

• Like 1

So who will be coming into "Let it go" ?

Manzel.