DVDVR Message Board

2014 MOVIE OMNIBUS THREAD

RIPPA

Shit. WacArnolds, sorry. The crowd was visibly shocked when he called his girlfriend a bitch in that one, I think. 

I'm pissed I forgot about the World Series of Dice too. They really could have ran with the Leonard Washington character a bit more after that and the Trading Spouses sketch (might not have had the same name but was the same character). "Where am I from? How about a little place called none of yo gotdamn business." "Boy, you are the goddamn devil." "I smell yo light saber."

I think two of my biggest laughs in the entirety of 'Chappelle's Show' are

1) During the credits of the 'Knee-High Park' episode when they show Snoop Dogg reading his line about how he got VD going "From fuckin!" and then just losing it, laughing.

2) In the episode about sketches they didn't use when they show the clip of the Time Haters shooting a slave owner and the sorta-shocked reaction of the crowd and the cut back to Dave who is killing himself laughing and going "I guess only me and Neal find someone shooting a slave owner funny!"

Yeah, I really don't get how that sketch didn't properly make air.  I can't fathom why people WOULDN'T find it funny to see them shoot a slave-owner?!  I mean, maybe on Fox News, but you'd think a Comedy Central audience would love it.

I think two of my biggest laughs in the entirety of 'Chappelle's Show' are

1) During the credits of the 'Knee-High Park' episode when they show Snoop Dogg reading his line about how he got VD going "From fuckin!" and then just losing it, laughing.

Found a Youtube clip of that!  It also includes a great blooper from the Diddy sketch.

• Like 1

Guys..comedy central is airing a chapelle.show Marathon this coming Sunday. I may not get much sleep that day

Is Chapelle streaming anywhere?

You guys don't own the DVDs?  Seriously must-own stuff, if for nothing else than the blooper reels which are something ridiculous like 40+ minutes in length each.  Watching Yoshi  butcher the line "Cut the crap, Gravy!" into "Cut the grass, Crappy!" always elicits an ear-to-ear smile from me.

Also, you guys are sleeping on the best aspect of Pompeii

Sutherland.JPG

• Like 1

Not to bury us in more Chappelle because it should be in the TV thread, but the best blooper/extra is Mos Def/Yasiin Bey from the Racial Draft speaking gibberish. Mos takes the cake in all the extras actually. And shit, just buy the DVDs for that, the commentary, and the full unedited Rick James and Charlie Murphy interviews. 

EDITED because I actually had to dig out the DVD and watch it haha. "Yobebopacketinawstrap."