DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 17

RonL21

If I wake up tomorrow morning and Shanny is still the head coach of the Skins...

No worries - all the DC beat reporters are saying that Shanahan is getting fired - it is just a matter of it is tonight or tomorrow morning

If you can't get enough Redskins Schadenfreude, here is a Shanahan hit-piece from the Washington Post.  Yes, surely he is the only problem.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mike-shanahan-hasnt-solved-washington-redskins-problems-during-uneven-tenure/2013/12/28/7df92930-6fd5-11e3-a523-fe73f0ff6b8d_story.html

Andy Dalton has entered the game for Joe Flacco.

I've seen guys play well enough to keep their team in a game they shouldn't be winning.

I've seen guys play poorly enough to keep the other team in it when they should be losing.

I don't recall ever seeing one QB do BOTH at the same time.

It's like playing street ball with your friends when there's an odd number of you and one guy gets designated "Permanent QB" and literally plays for both sides.

Eli and Nicks both out for the day.

So the Giants losing their starting QB and 2 starting WRs (oh and benching their starting RB because of fumbles) sums up this season perfectly

Andy Dalton is on the exact same career trajectory as Elite Joe Flacco. He'll put up years of mediocrity until stumbling into one fortunate playoff run that'll convince Cincy he was the man all along (hopefully grossly overpaying him in the process)

Man, Trent Dilfer must look at those guys and be so bitter about coming along about 10 years too early...