DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

As for the movies, I agree with the rating of Empire, and will say that it is the movie that gives the whole franchise credibility. The Original star wars, is a fun movie but not exactly a piece of high art. Jedi is decent(and more exciting than number one), but that's all. Empire, (the one Lucas had the least to do with, directing wise), is so damn good that it makes the others seem more important by comparison. From the time Luke lands on cloud city to the end is such a marvelous piece of work that I'll stack it against anything in sci fi over a similar running time. 

• Like 1

Some people get older and they gain some weight.  Don't have to shame Carrie Fisher for that.  I'd rather she be healthy and happy than having an eating disorder anyway.  

Not knocking her weight actually, as her numerous substance problems are well documented. . . 

Some people get older and they gain some weight.  Don't have to shame Carrie Fisher for that.  I'd rather she be healthy and happy than having an eating disorder anyway.  

Not knocking her weight actually, as her numerous substance problems are well documented. . . 

I think the biggest risk they're taking with this next trilogy is putting Ford, Hamil, and Fisher in the movie.  Are they going to make sure this group of senior citizens who have spent the last 30 years or so eating ice cream and snorting coke stays in shape and off the booger sugar?  It seems like an unnecessary risk, when they could just move on to the next generation. 

Substance abuse and antidepressants.

I think the biggest risk they're taking with this next trilogy is putting Ford, Hamil, and Fisher in the movie.  Are they going to make sure this group of senior citizens who have spent the last 30 years or so eating ice cream and snorting coke stays in shape and off the booger sugar?  It seems like an unnecessary risk, when they could just move on to the next generation. 

Dangle a big enough payday in front of them and they'll get their shit in order.

Dangle a big enough payday in front of them and they'll get their shit in order.

Umm...there are a few things that a big payday helps, gluttony and drug abuse aren't usually on the list. 

• 3 weeks later...