DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

I still have no idea how the EU handicaps their story telling.  They are rumored to add a Obi-Wan's black grandaughter, who wasn't in any of the EU stories.  The existing stories should be just a loose outline for what already exists in the universe not some ironclad skeleton for what can exist in the universe.  Here is my basic opinion about the EU and how it should be used.  Knowing that the Solos have three kids and Luke has one gives you a good place to start. What they do with this knowledge is up to them.  If they want to use existing stories, I would kind of be disappointed, because I hate to say it, those stories weren't very well done. 

Here's hoping for a Kit Fisto stand alone film.  I think the whole EU thing is kinda sort of like Vince rewriting the history of past promotions.  Use what was there, but mold it into something that make sense for your message.  Also, just keep it to the shit that was good.  So much of the EU stuff was terrible or made no sense.  Who the fuck would kill off Chewbacca?  I'm really interested to see what comes out of all of this.  When the prequels came out I was disappointed because it didn't look or feel like the Star Wars I fell in love with at 5 years old.  I learned to appreciate certain aspects of the prequels, but they feel so different.  I wonde how these are going to feel.  I think they are going to feel very rmoved from the Original Trilogy.  

I always knew Obi-Wan was getting it in.

If only he would have lived long enough for us to see him interact with Lando.  They'd greet each other with an elaborate handshake, then shared a cold Colt 45, while talking about what it means to be a real playa.

If only he would have lived long enough for us to see him interact with Lando.  They'd greet each other with an elaborate handshake, then shared a cold Colt 45, while talking about what it means to be a real playa.

Oh god...Are Obi-Wan and Lando Eskimo Brothers?

Oh god...Are Obi-Wan and Lando Eskimo Brothers?

Not only that, Leia is ALWAYS awkward when they are in the same room with Han.

They've already said the EU is no longer canon and won't be used or referenced to in the new trilogy.

Anyway,  reddit has a bunch of the old cast members next to the characters they played.

A6oALx8.jpg

For the record, that is not what they said.  They just announced that they are going to go through the EU and figure out what they want to keep and what they want to get rid of to streamline the canon going forward.  The EU does need to be streamlined, I just hope they don't rape and pilliage it.

]

For the record, that is not what they said. They just announced that they are going to go through the EU and figure out what they want to keep and what they want to get rid of to streamline the canon going forward. The EU does need to be streamlined, I just hope they don't rape and pilliage it.

Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

• Like 6

]

For the record, that is not what they said. They just announced that they are going to go through the EU and figure out what they want to keep and what they want to get rid of to streamline the canon going forward. The EU does need to be streamlined, I just hope they don't rape and pilliage it.

Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

Oh my God, you are going to get me fired.  I legit had to put my mouth into the crook of my elbow to muffle my laugh.  Well played.

• Like 1