DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

I'm only on season 5, but I think this is the best Star Wars product since Return of the Jedi.  The way they make you care about once off characters who just how much better the writers of this show are than whoever was in charge of the prequels.  I cared about the rebels of Onderon in the first arc of the 5th season than I cared about anyone in the prequels.  If you are interested in Star Wars at all, I'd recommend someone to watch this over any of the prequels.

Psssh the Zillo beast would destroy Godzilla.

I haven't had time to get into season 6 of the Clone Wars yet. Pretty excited to binge watch them though.

Going to start Clone Wars soon. Do I need to start from Season 1 or is there a season where it really hits it's stride?

Psssh the Zillo beast would destroy Godzilla.

I haven't had time to get into season 6 of the Clone Wars yet. Pretty excited to binge watch them though.

Going to start Clone Wars soon. Do I need to start from Season 1 or is there a season where it really hits it's stride?

S3 is probably when the show starts to hit its stride. There definitely some good episodes beforehand though. Try to catch the Clone Trooper focused episodes.

So, Abrams has snitched that Billy Dee Williams and Lupita Nigong'o have been approached to appear in the next Star Wars joint.

If Lupita shows up as Lando's daughter or Asajj Ventriss, I will lose my shit.

So, Abrams has snitched that Billy Dee Williams and Lupita Nigong'o have been approached to appear in the next Star Wars joint.

If Lupita shows up as Lando's daughter or Asajj Ventriss, I will lose my shit.

Yeah, Ventriss would be sweet, she is such a good character.  She hates the Sith as much as the Jedi, and The Nightsisters are creepy as shit.  Having them as a wildcard that is somewhere in between the Jedi and the Sith that is just running around fucking up everybody's shit would be an interesting wrinkle, but I'm probably just getting my hopes up for nothing.

Filming starts in May.  Official timeline is 30 years after Jedi.  

behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-fuck

I've seen Star Trek Into Darkness, and it killed any bit of interest I had in Episode VII.

• Like 1

Filming starts in May.  Official timeline is 30 years after Jedi.  

behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-fuck

I've seen Star Trek Into Darkness, and it killed any bit of interest I had in Episode VII.

This is a thread for people who like to dream wildly, don't come here with your completely logical worries about how this could crush every single one of our hopes.  We want to believe, let us believe.

• Like 2

Seriously.  I consider Episode 7 the last chance to redeem my childhood.  If this goes bad I may be forced to *gasp* grow up!

I half-heartedly agree, except that The Clone Wars gave me hope that there is still life in this franchise.  I didn't give a fuck about anything Star Wars, save for the Knights of the Old Republic series, after the prequels.  I watched Episode III in the theater on opening night and probably didn't watch anything Star Wars until someone convinced me I should be watching the cartoon.  Now that I've started watching the cartoon, I'm all in.  I can't even lie, I'm probably more interested in Episode VII than any movie other than Age of Ultron.  If Episode VII sucks, I hope Rebels picks up where The Clone Wars left off.

Other than, "Isn't he a little pale to be a guy with the last name, Singh?" I was okay with STID.  Ricardo Montalban had the wrong accent for the assumed ethnicity of Khan but at least he was a tan person in addition to being able to carry the role..

Other than, "Isn't he a little pale to be a guy with the last name, Singh?" I was okay with STID.

That's not even the start of everything wrong with the movie.

• Like 1

I would, but listing shitty plot holes to a group that also thought TDKR was awesome isn't high on my list of things to do.

Plot holes you can drive the Vengence through, along with JJ's utter lack of respect to the source material leaves me believing that Episode VII is going to be fucking terrible in almost every aspect, lens flares included.

• Like 1