DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

The first Star Trek was good, but that may have been a fluke.

EDIT: Alias, Felicity and Fringe came off the rails pretty quick.

When did he stop caring about Fringe? Because the last season was verrrrry awful. . . 

Abrams saved the Star Trek franchise.  His re-imaging of the original crew is the only reason they're still putting out new movies and those movies being very successful at the box office.  TNG cast was too old to continue doing movies with them and DS9 and Voyager have never been popular enough to be successful as motion pictures.

While Star Trek was good, Into Darkness was the exact opposite.  Nice ride, but no regard to basically any kind of logic and flow or story.  Basically just how many cool special effects can we cram into 90 minutes, who cares if the story holds up to anyone thinking about it for 10 seconds.

Did Abrams come up with the flashback/centric idea on LOST?  I'm still fairly pro-LOST even though the last season was pretty bad, but I will strongly defend the centric episode concept (which, AFAIK, was pioneered by LOST.  If I'm wrong about that, then hit the Emily Litella button).  Having each episode focus on a single character, mixing in flashback stuff with on-island stuff -- that's a great format.  You can see echoes of it (to some degree) in shows like Arrow.

If that was Abrams, that is a big feather in his cap.  But I have no idea if that was him.  I guess at least he must of okayed it...

JJ came up with Lost and everything else was Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof. Lost was still awesome. Both new Star Trek movies are great. M:I 3 was great. Alias was great until JJ left. Haters gon' hate.

I'm pretty neutral on J.J.  I watched about 15-20 minutes of the pilot of Lost, and turned it off because I hated it so fucking much, and never watched it again.  I liked both of his Star Trek films.  I have no strong opinion either way on Alias et al.

I'm pretty neutral on J.J. I watched about 15-20 minutes of the pilot of Lost, and turned it off because I hated it so fucking much, and never watched it again. I liked both of his Star Trek films. I have no strong opinion either way on Alias et al.

You watched the first 20 minutes of Lost and hated it? You really do have the worst opinions.

I'm pretty neutral on J.J. I watched about 15-20 minutes of the pilot of Lost, and turned it off because I hated it so fucking much, and never watched it again. I liked both of his Star Trek films. I have no strong opinion either way on Alias et al.

You watched the first 20 minutes of Lost and hated it? You really do have the worst opinions.

Yeah...That pilot is amazing. Fuck however one feels about the series as a whole or what happened at the end of it, but that pilot is extraordinary.