DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Plot holes you can drive the Vengence through, along with JJ's utter lack of respect to the source material leaves me believing that Episode VII is going to be fucking terrible in almost every aspect, lens flares included.

Well, he's writing this with Lawrence Fucking Kasdan, as opposed to his usual gang of idiots, so there's some reason to suspect the results will be better.

Kurtzman and Orci might be the worst high-dollar studio screenwriters alive, maybe ever, and it seems like they have their fucking paws in EVERYTHING these days.

• 1 month later...

I'm shocked and suprised about this revelation.

Much money as I've tossed and will toss at Disney over the years, I can't help but feel a bit cheated that I invested money on shit that no longer matters.

meh

I'm with you. The EU wasn't going to make this stuff any better or worse. The quality of these movies will live and die on the quality of writing, directing and acting. However, I understand that fans of the EU will feel a certain amount of pain over never seeing events of the EU play out on screen.

This is totally gonna change how I watch the new movies. They introduce a love interest for Luke that isn't Mara I'm gonna be sitting there grumbling. I feel worse for my kids and buddies who will be forced to endure my ramblings about the old stories being so much better.

The cost/benefit math didn't work out. We knew this a year ago

Totally disagree. They could have made just as much money if not more using existing EU concepts. There's no reason to scrap Mara Jade, the Solo twins, or Thrawn except appeasing your egomaniac director.

• Like 1

C'mon, anyone really thinks that this movie, with JJ at the helm, won't suck is lying to themselves.  

I can see this appeasing JJ though, considering how much Trek source material he shit on or ignored in those two movies to have his lens flares and "BIGGER BADDIES!!!!"

I fully expect an Ultra Star Destroyer the size of the Milky Way, that gets destroyed by the Falcon alone, and the heroes having to fight a 20 ft tall reincarnation of Maul to win the day.

EDIT: On the plus side, JJ's inflated opinion of himself possibly increased the price of my First Edition New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Jedi books.

The cost/benefit math didn't work out. We knew this a year ago

Totally disagree. They could have made just as much money if not more using existing EU concepts. There's no reason to scrap Mara Jade, the Solo twins, or Thrawn except appeasing your egomaniac director.

There's no reason to use them. You're hitting 3% of the total audience that will go to see the movies three times anyway or something. They are still on the table. If a creator wants to use them, he or she can use them. If not, then you're not beholden to stories that weren't meant to be movies in the first place.

I'm shocked and suprised about this revelation.

Much money as I've tossed and will toss at Disney over the years, I can't help but feel a bit cheated that I invested money on shit that no longer matters.

We who used to read DC Comics know the feeling.