DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 5/22 - 5/28/2024 - Fill My Eyes, With That Double Vision!

Feeling down n' dirty, feeling kinda mean!

It's Double or Nothing week, which means we get a pretty stacked card...  (for Dynamite?)

GN7NIH0W0AEfDlc?format=jpg&name=large

Hey, is that Saraya?  And she's actually wrestling???  It's a Memorial Day miracle! 

Fill my eyes with that double vision, no disguise for that double vision!

(Why does Bryan Keith look like an RDR2 character you have to team up with but betrays Arthur halfway through a mission?)

Oh I'm getting double [or nothing] vision!

Enjoy the long weekend y'all!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Why does Bryan Keith look like an RDR2 character you have to team up with but betrays Arthur halfway through a mission?)

Mr French does not approve this joke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Log said:

I'm ridiculously excited for Danielson/Singh.

Me too!  There are so few Satnam Singhles matches out there I have no idea what Danielson can get out of him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Log said:

I'm ridiculously excited for Danielson/Singh.

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

Me too!  There are so few Satnam Singhles matches out there I have no idea what Danielson can get out of him.

Me three. Bryan Danielson does great work with bigger stockier men: Takeshi Morishima, Mark Henry, Big Show.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I'll fourth that - and I'll go a step further to say that I hope this finally leads to us getting the AmDrag/Double J match a few of us were BSing about in passing the other week.

Wayne/Swerve should be awesome - lots of familiarity between those two guys, and in terms of intangible vibe or feel, this one screams "future."

(Also: I've been avoiding last week's TV thread because we never got to Collision/Rampage on the DVR, so please forgive me if I'm posting/asking about shit which has already been answered - I'm gonna try to sneak em in on lunch or before tonight's show)

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 3

Satnam v Dragon is a match I never knew I wanted.  Also, I have a really good feeling that KOR v Black is going to be amazing.  I'm loving KOR since he's come back, but i still, and I'm a broken record, miss denim vest, faux hawk KOR from NXT.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Satnam v Dragon is a match I never knew I wanted.  Also, I have a really good feeling that KOR v Black is going to be amazing.  I'm loving KOR since he's come back, but i still, and I'm a broken record, miss denim vest, faux hawk KOR from NXT.

I was already off WWE by the time that was going on, so let me ask you since you saw it:

I always really enjoyed him teaming with Bob Fish, but in turn, their success made me always kinda view KOR as a tag guy.

No disrespect intended to anyone, but if I had the pencil I'd team him and Roddy as Cole's guys, and send the Kingdom down (across?) to ROH.

Am I being unfair? Do you think he's a viable single?

Slightly off topic: I find it interesting they're going with the "Bang Bang Gang" branding in graphics now - makes me curious if any issue has come up with using the BC name, or if AEW simply felt it would be more financially advantageous in terms of merch sales to push their own IP instead of NJPW's. I've been putting off getting the shirt, hope I didn't miss the boat!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was already off WWE by the time that was going on, so let me ask you since you saw it:

I always really enjoyed him teaming with Bob Fish, but in turn, their success made me always kinda view KOR as a tag guy.

No disrespect intended to anyone, but if I had the pencil I'd team him and Roddy as Cole's guys, and send the Kingdom down (across?) to ROH.

Am I being unfair? Do you think he's a viable single?

I can absolutely see that line of thinking and honetly, outside of the end of his NXT run, I'd totally agree with you.  But his matches with Cole and Balor especially turned me around on him as a singles guy.  The match with Balor is probably one of my favorite NXT matches of all time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today is Bryan Danielson's birthday. Presumably wrestling Satnam is his present!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I can absolutely see that line of thinking and honetly, outside of the end of his NXT run, I'd totally agree with you.  But his matches with Cole and Balor especially turned me around on him as a singles guy.  The match with Balor is probably one of my favorite NXT matches of all time.

Super appreciate it, I'll track that one down

O'Reilly had some broken teeth and I believe Balor fractured his orbital bone.  To say it was hard hitting was an understatement.  I need to track down the full match myself, since I posted it, ive been looking for the full match online myself to rewatch it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Today is Bryan Danielson's birthday. Presumably wrestling Satnam is his present!

Is wrestling Satnam the closest Danielson gets to wrestling a bear? Or perhaps that'd be wrestling the former Bear Country?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Slightly off topic: I find it interesting they're going with the "Bang Bang Gang" branding in graphics now - makes me curious if any issue has come up with using the BC name, or if AEW simply felt it would be more financially advantageous in terms of merch sales to push their own IP instead of NJPW's. I've been putting off getting the shirt, hope I didn't miss the boat!

I noticed this a few weeks back, too, but then AEW seemed to pivot back to BC on Twitter/ IG posts at that time so I figured I wasn't paying attention. 

4 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I actually thought that run was going to lead to him being kind of a bargain bin Daniel Bryan for the main roster; The pre-Yes Movement Bryan who makes other guys look good but stays dangerous enough to pull off The odd upset. 

Edited by caley
  • Like 1

Things I Remember from Tonight's Edition of AEW Dynamite:

don't really remember much from the first half hour or so of the show. Moxley showed up.

Hook and Shibata beat the Bounty Jobber with a double submission.

Swerve and Christian fighting in the parking lot with some California driving. The heel challenger who'll lose on Sunday almost gets taken out.

Malakai takes a bloodbath that they really did not want to fuck up judging by how much they dumped.

The fans are not having it when it comes to Deeb and Toni unless AEW knows Toni's a face

Danielson vs Satnam was a fun match until the non-finish. Then the Super-Bucks and the Elite do stuff. Then Darby shows up anyways and he has a flame thrower. Hilarious how Satnam just barely noticed the guitar shot. Man, Danielson vs Jarrett would have been fun.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

this being California, huge risk to use a flame thrower... could accidentally set the state on fire

Wonder how Dave would defend that? 😀