DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/4 - 3/10/2024 - Crack is Wack!

Oh, I think Seth knows the DD comment didn't go over well with the people...

(Anyway, here he is getting owned again by DM.)

• Haha 3

Seth is lame, but he has entered that weird space where he can strangely afford to be. He will never match well with the Rock. He just isn't on that level as a talker in general. He was always the worst of the Shield in that regard. But he also won't be so badly destroyed he can never rise again as his fans are his fans at this point. All he has to do is mention his song and the fans will sing.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Seth did some history rewriting last night, saying that when they were in The Shield he wanted to take that power from the top and give it back to the people. Roman wanted it for himself.

Would be nice if Paul Heyman or Roman called this part out, because Seth shot first, and Seth joined the Authority. Maybe create a little intrigue as to whether Seth can truly be trusted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Seth did some history rewriting last night, saying that when they were in The Shield he wanted to take that power from the top and give it back to the people. Roman wanted it for himself.

Would be nice if Paul Heyman or Roman called this part out, because Seth shot first, and Seth joined the Authority. Maybe create a little intrigue as to whether Seth can truly be trusted.

It's gonna be nearly impossible to pull off, but if they somehow did a Night 1 double turn of Seth and Rocky...  that might be one of the most ambitious booking decisions ever. 

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Seth is lame, but he has entered that weird space where he can strangely afford to be. He will never match well with the Rock. He just isn't on that level as a talker in general. He was always the worst of the Shield in that regard. But he also won't be so badly destroyed he can never rise again as his fans are his fans at this point. All he has to do is mention his song and the fans will sing.

The Randy Orton cocktail.

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Yeah, they obviously hinted at distrust with Rock/Roman but if they want to do parallel storylines, they could easily do it with Cody/Seth as well with their history and Seth's Authority background/untrustworthy history.  Sets up potential matches with them in the long run too if they go with Cody winning.  Unless they are setting up some out of left field surprise Seth turn at Mania, they probably should at least hint at some tension between the those two too in the buildup to Mania.

Edited by _MJ_

Becky had a great line on the UUDD live show the other day, with Cody there. She said “I always had a chip on my shoulder about nepo babies but then I had one.” 

I’ve said this before, but I think Seth and Becky as an obnoxious set of self absorbed parents could work for them as heels, esp with Becky now putting her kid in social media clips. 

Re: the IC title, I think the move is somehow Sami and Nakamura costing each other the match and starting an issue, leading to Gable winning. Then you get a two-fer, as I can’t think of better opening matches for each night than Sami/Shinsuke and Gunther/Gable (where the REAL story could be finished)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steventon said:

If they really wanted to have Seth and Cody torch Rock all they would have to do is bring up how much of a flop Black Adam and the XFL were. But that may cut too close to the bone.

And mention overpriced tequila that The Rock owns, which if you have to watch Black Adam you'll need it.

The Rock is playing chess and Seth Rollins is playing checkers. Friday will be a massacre. Rollins' career will die the same year as CM Punk's did in the main event.

Edited by Andrew POE!

NXT is such a different wrestling show than anything else and I dig it for that reason, corny as it may be

Always good to see Regal and I’m curious what he’s going to do with the Blackpool Not-That Club 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2

Dijak/Gacy was fun. Surprised to see Dijak win again though Gacy is probably fine with it given his current gimmick.

Wolf Dogs vs. Chase U was good as expected. Chase and DUke have been one of NXT's better teams the past year or two while Bron and Corbin seem to only get better as a team each match.

Spears's squash was interesting as a character moment. Same with the post match attack from Holland. I kind of like the idea of a corrupting figure in NXT. Not sure if Spears is the guy for the job, but he is doing ok so far. 

Lyra/Tatum vs. Kabuki Warriors was good. Was nice seeing Asuka, Kairi, Tatum work a slower pace and get to showcase more of what they are capable of. The post match attack from Roxanne cemented her heel turn. I still think its the wrong direction to go as I don't think Lyra has enough to her as a personality to get cheered over Roxanne, but maybe a smarkier crowd will give her better reactions at Stand and Deliver.

Blair/Fallon was nice while it lasted. Biggest thing here was the finish with Sol Ruca's return. Would have preferred Blair won and was attacked post match.

The NQCC announcing their intentions for the tag titles and to basically treat everything with Freebird rules was neat to hear. Was even nice to see Regal interact with him. Loved the smirk he had when Charlie claimed he would defend the Heritage Cup better than Regal could have. Will be interesting to see how much Regal interacts with his son and the rest of NQCC.

Arianna Grace's segment with Ava and Gigi to set up next week's match was fun. Grace continues to be one of the small joys that always perks up my mood in NXT. She is all character, and I'm totally fine with that. Hope she wins as I feel like her trying to change Gigi can lead to see fun dumb moments.

Melo/Tony was good. Trick's post match attack was expected and welcomed. 

Solid show with some nice matches and segments. Stand & Deliver is taking decent shape with the tag tourney for the nxt title shot, Ilja/Tony set, and Trick/Melo and Lyra/Roxanne getting strong builds for the show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kang said:

Is Tatum Paxley working Gigi Dolin's old Priscilla Kelly gimmick?

You are close but I actually think it is more of a Killer Kelly gimmick in TNA and the indies.   She is devilish and kind of scary but also realizes how damn sexy she is and embraces it

• Like 1

After a couple of pretty disappointing weeks, NXT had a lot fewer problems tonight. Crusifino does what I honestly expected to happen as soon as I knew who they were last summer, the main matches were all good, and the forward motion was much needed. 

Luca going from showing up in Dijak's dark closet to talk about human rights law and then joining the Mafia two weeks later is pretty funny, but I'm kind of surprised it took this long to get the Italiam-American lawyer into the consigliere role.

19 hours ago, Kang said:

Is Tatum Paxley working Gigi Dolin's old Priscilla Kelly gimmick?

It's like Mickie James' Trish stalker gimmick & TNA Daffney had a baby. 

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Her gimmick is her crazed, obsessive devotion to Lyra.

• Like 1

SD was fucking fun tonight! I know a lot of you don't notice or care, but holy shit. There's been so many changes in the presentation, almost all for the better, that it's nirvana for me. The announcing alone on WWE has gotten so much better now that an insane rapist isn't screaming at them. Cole and Graves have both recently said, in a political, safe way that no one is "producing" them anymore.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 3

The Logan Paul opening was some solid heeling though I wish that partnership was just bs story. The Orton/KO vs. Theory/Waller tag right after was fun. With that ending its looking like a triple threat opposed to just Orton/Paul. A part of me is disappointed since I prefer singles, but I'm also happy that Owens is getting something with some meat to it for Wrestlemania. 

Lashley/Kross was solid, but Kross continues to be a guy that just does not me in all that much. The DQ finish was predictable, but I did enjoy the post match fight between the factions. Guessing Wrestlemania is a 6-man tag or 8-person mixed tag with a stip. Wondering what happened of Lashley get cut the way he did.

Tha Bayley interview was ok and a nice segway into Naomi and Bianca discussing Bayley's situation and action from the past 2 years. Naomi wanting to help feels right. Was pleased to see Bianca rightfully feeling Bayley deserves all of it. Will be interesting to see where things go. 

Tiffany/Mia was a nice showcase for Stratton though shorter than I would have liked. Wish this and Lashley/Kross switched lengths. 

Dragon/Garza was nice though I feel Lee should have lost the match. It never does the heel group any favors when they lose a match with the advantage. Legado needs more momentum.

Final segment with Roman, Rock, Cody, and Seth was honestly better than expected. Seth's insults earlier on Raw may have sucked, but they stuck with the audience and Seth actually got in good moment with the Rock by being the one to accept the challenge. Rock final comment was a tremendous low blow and Cody's response was perfect.

Match wise this left something to be desired. Nothing was bad, but there was no real standout either. Segment wise the show did a better job of delivering with that final segment being on of the better ones in this Bloodline/Rock vs. Cody/Seth feud. Solid show.

• Like 1

If Rollins vs McIntyre wasn't already booked for Night 2 and Drew is such a great heel now; Rollins turning on Cody in the tag would be the best option for me.  I mean it doesn't really matter if "bloodline is banned from the match" because you know there is going to be a lot of it.  Plus if the Rock is working from the inside. it would make sense to do it while he legally can.

Yoooo…uhh, wtf is up with just letting Roman say shit like, “you gonna let this cross dresser make decisions for you?!” Segment was fine beyond that. That was just kinda surprising to hear.

Overall I thought this was a bit of a dud ep until the final promo. The matches were nothing to write home about and a lot of the segments were a mess or more like two years ago WWE than some of the newer styles they've been experimenting with

Orton and Owens/Waller and Theory felt like a house show match. Randy moves slower every match and people love it, it's wild. I'm not sure why I don't give a shit what Kevin Owens is up to but I don't

Speaking of things to not give a shit about, what to do with Karrion Kross? Lashley and the Profits could be doing better things

Tiff "Sparkplug" Stratton started flexing like she's Dana Brooke

And your main event is Angel Garza/Dragon Lee. Lee's got an entrance like he's a Mortal Kombat character and a dope new robe but he had a bad night

One whole segment was entrances. Amazing. I started grinning like an idiot when Rock had new Black Adam lightning and didn't stop until the end of the show, great over the top stuff and even Rollins managed to come back up a little. The only misstep was Roman's shitty 'crossdresser' line but fortunately it seemed like everyone else was as put off by it as I was. I can't believe there was a 'diarrhea' chant, Seth looked so happy after getting dunked on all week for it