DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2024 Wrestling Talk

On 3/24/2024 at 4:48 PM, zendragon said:

So much of the last 20 years runs together, honestly the last real “important” match I can think of is Cena winning the title for the 1st as it’s the start of his era

Cena/Punk Money in the Bank?

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

May be an image of 4 people

Andre, Gordy, Doctor Death

Seeing Andre in a cut-off shirt is fucking weird, man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, zendragon said:

May be a black-and-white image of 2 people and text that says 'OLYMPIC RI.9-5171 000 00 5 GOUT GOUT'

Merman and Barnacle Boy date unkown

Man, Jimmy's son is still out here doing his thing. He's going to be doing this longer than his dad. He's also starting look just like his dad now.

I am surprised Jr. never did anything AFAIK with wrestling. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Tomorrow is the last day of March and the first quarter of 2024 so here's my MOTY so far:

10. Women's Royal Rumble match. WWE Royal Rumble, 27th January 2024.

9. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr. NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18, 4th January 2024.

8. Sting/Darby Allin vs. Ricky Starks/Big Bill. AEW Dynamite, 7th February 2024.

7. Eddie Kingston vs. Bryan Danielson. AEW Revolution, 3rd March 2024.

6. Tama Tonga vs. Shingo Takagi. NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18, 4th January 2024.

5. Blue Panther/Ultimo Guerrero/Mistico/Volador Jr vs. Bryan Danielson/Jon Moxley/Claudio Castagnoli/Matt Sydal. CMLL's Homenaje a Dos Leyendas, 29th March 2024. 

4. Bryan Danielson vs. Katsuyori Shibata. AEW Collison, 16th March 2024.

3. Kazuchika Okada vs. Bryan Danielson. NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18, 4th January 2024. *****.

2. Sting/Darby Allin vs. The Young Bucks. AEW Revolution, 3rd March 2024. *****.

1. Zack Sabre Jr vs. Bryan Danielson. NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka. 11th February 2024. *****.

---

Probably missing something. I will say I definitely preferred Danielson/ZSJ at AEW WrestleDream, 1st October 2023 to the rematch. I'm in the minority when it comes to Will Ospreay. I find him very overrated. It's one of the only disagreements I have with the DVDVR MB family.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Currently rebooking the 1997 NWO takeover of Nitro to be CMLL taking over Dynamite and switching the broadcast to untranslated Spanish

with the CMLL ring girls dancing for 40 consecutive minutes as the CMLL wrestlers put the set together

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 3/28/2024 at 8:17 AM, Octopus said:

ED86175-C-517-A-479-F-AD65-86-BA2-FDE3-B

stealing this off a Reddit post. I just love this so much. Hansen and Vader at the zoo.

Apparently this was the day before their infamous match where Hansen yeeted Vader's eye out of his skull.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Apparently this was the day before their infamous match where Hansen yeeted Vader's eye out of his skull.

Just another day at the office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Currently rebooking the 1997 NWO takeover of Nitro to be CMLL taking over Dynamite and switching the broadcast to untranslated Spanish

Excalibur speaking Spanish at 100 miles an hour would be an experience.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

turns out that Excalibur is Dominican

I won't believe that until he has biased commentary against the Mexican and Boricua wrestlers.

• Like 1

I can get with the gist of it.  It sucks that women work hard to be respected and seen on the same level as the men, but then seemingly the only thing that gets attention is this male gaze oriented bullshit.  At the same time, it’s a WWE performer giving an interview, so it’s likely a work.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Unfortunately I cannot find a link on Twitter but Becky had some very strong words for Rhea in an interview about the "viral spot" from last week. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1brq2cu/becky_lynch_very_emotional_interview_about_the/?utm_source=embedv2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_title

It was a house show, wrestlers do comedy and non Canon stuff at house shows for generations. It's  just that now you don't know what fans from that show might take for footage to post on social media. I don't think she thought that would be something that would immediately resurface so I don't really blame Rhea. This is coming from someone who is as "Pro Wrestling should be Serious " as you can find. Rhea is the most protected Women on the roster not named Charlotte or Becky so that wouldn't overshadow anything she's been doing unless she was doing it on TV.

I understand where Becky is coming from about the Women's division as a whole and I couldn't really blame her for not wanting to see any of that at all because WWE has come along way with that division and alot of Women like Becky deserve as much credit for getting it to be taken as seriously as it is but there is still alot of improvements to make in the division.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1