DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies & TV - 2024

7 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Hey I liked Dakota Johnson in the Peanut Butter Falcon. 

I just finished the Hawkeye series and I think it's definitely my favorite of these D+ Marvel Series.  I came to the realization that the D+ series are a sort of a justification to have the streaming platform and quantity was more important than quality, but if you adjust your expectations, it's perfectly cromulent.  I also enjoyed She-Hulk. 

I view the MCU like this: the Avengers are the special event comics, most solo movies are the characters solo series, and the D+ shows are kinda like the limited series that come out during the special event. 

• Like 2

My favorite is still Ms. Marvel because I’m a huge Kamala fan.

but Hawkeye is really, really good. Like, shockingly good (because it’s about fuckin’ Clint Barton) but also not surprising because of the cast, the characters they play and how they absolutely embody them and their chemistry.

Kamala & Kate together onscreen has the possibility to rival or even be better than Kate & Yelena onscreen. I can’t wait.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Casey said:

My favorite is still Ms. Marvel because I’m a huge Kamala fan.

but Hawkeye is really, really good. Like, shockingly good (because it’s about fuckin’ Clint Barton) but also not surprising because of the cast, the characters they play and how they absolutely embody them and their chemistry.

Kamala & Kate together onscreen has the possibility to rival or even be better than Kate & Yelena onscreen. I can’t wait.

Iman Velani is just so charismatic and wholesome to watch.  She was easily the best part of The Marvels and Ms. Marvel was just so much fun to watch.  My daughter is so obsessed with Kamala and she loved the Hawkeye show.  When the stinger happened in Marvels, she lost her mind. Her enthusiasm was totally infectious and i myself am now eagerly anticipating the eventual Young Avengers project.

Out of curiosity, who else is probable to be used in that?

They have Eli Bradley? America Chavez?  I initially thought the Maximoff twins, but not sure about that now.  Cassie Lang?

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Iman Velani is just so charismatic and wholesome to watch.  She was easily the best part of The Marvels and Ms. Marvel was just so much fun to watch.  My daughter is so obsessed with Kamala and she loved the Hawkeye show.  When the stinger happened in Marvels, she lost her mind. Her enthusiasm was totally infectious and i myself am now eagerly anticipating the eventual Young Avengers project.

They have Eli Bradley? America Chavez?  I initially thought the Maximoff twins, but not sure about that now.  Cassie Lang?

That scene specifically referred to Cassie, so that’s almost a sure bet.

Agatha’s show will probably do something with the Maximoff kids.

America, yeah, I’d imagine so. I can’t see what else she’d show up in.

There’s also Joaquin Torres, who Sam gave the Falcon suit to in his show.

That team will probably be an amalgam of the Young Avengers and Champions teams. So someone like Ironheart might be possible, too.

5 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Aside from Kamala & Kate, it feels like Cassie & America are done deals. 

Oh thank god... I honestly think Kang is and always has been a snoozefest in comics and makingchim the MCU big bad was a turd. Now bring on a decent Romany actor to be DOOM!

James

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I wonder if they don’t just transition to replacing Kang with Doom with a few minor tweaks to their story.  Seems like it might help set up the Fantastic Four a little more.

I keep seeing this talk of replacing Kang with Doom and it throws me since it feels like the Secret Wars they were going with was the Hickman/Doom version. Doom was already going to be the big bad. 

On 2/18/2024 at 11:59 AM, Lawful Metal said:

Hey I liked Dakota Johnson in the Peanut Butter Falcon. 

I just finished the Hawkeye series and I think it's definitely my favorite of these D+ Marvel Series.  I came to the realization that the D+ series are a sort of a justification to have the streaming platform and quantity was more important than quality, but if you adjust your expectations, it's perfectly cromulent.  I also enjoyed She-Hulk. 

Echo is actually pretty damn good, too!

• Like 4

I'm gonna ignore that and just suggest it not go any further before I get mad

Thor really doesn't look like Ahnold there, I think it might actually be the guy who played the TV Hulk Thor. Somehow I don't think Arnold and Lou would work a movie together after Pumping Iron; it'd be more likely that Arnold would try and work in a Gold's friend of his or one of his own body doubles. Because you know they ain't cutting him instead of Lou. 

Hell, that doesn't look like Robert Redford either. Imagine if it was him and Warren Beatty in a bidding war. Didn't get the Hawkeye joke until just now and that's a hoot.

Weird random thought I just had after talking with a friend about the Leftovers. Justin Theroux is so awesome in it. And then I thought…he should be in the MCU. Then I thought, should he play Doom?

So I guess the question is, should Doom be played by someone ridiculously handsome or should he be played by a CHUD like Adam Driver.

• Haha 1