DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 12/20 - 12/26/2023 - I'll Be Rihome for Christmas

Dolfan in NYC

🎶 Christmas Bells are Ringing... Christmas Bells are Ringing... Christmas Bells are Singing.... 🎶

(Ed. Note:  I was gonna make a Rent reference here, but I think maybe llke 3 of you would get it.)  

Anyway, here's what's Tony has gifted you for Christmas...

GBpoTWOXYAA1ARe?format=jpg&name=large

🎶 And it's beginning to snow!!! 🎶

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

Lethal! Briscoe! WHO IS THE JOBBIEST JOBBER IN THE TOURNAMENT

Someone already suggested those two being the only draw in the tournament, because that would rob them even of the "at least one of us won something" moment. But I was under the impression that this wasn't the company whose only agenda is "taking smiles off peoples' faces", so maybe that won't happen?

I say Mark wins and Lethal understands that he has become totally dependent on the interference of Jarrett & Co. He then has to do some serious soul searching and decides to become even closer friends with Jarrett, Dutt, Satham and Karen so they will continue interfering on his behalf even more.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

🎶 Christmas Bells are Ringing... Christmas Bells are Ringing... Christmas Bells are Singing.... 🎶

(Ed. Note:  I was gonna make a Rent reference here, but I think maybe llke 3 of you would get it.)  

Anyway, here's what's Tony has gifted you for Christmas...

GBpoTWOXYAA1ARe?format=jpg&name=large

🎶 And it's beginning to snow!!! 🎶

Don't be scared. I copy/pasted the lyrics to Tina Turner's 'The Best' for a Bryan Danielson promo to awkward silence and odd glances. 'The laddie reckons he's a poet' they all surely scoffed.

Hoping Komander v Roddy gets some time. Can Riho work magic with the Outcast? How does Roosh handle Swerve's rising star? What does Swerve do when Roosh tries to eat him up like Jungle Jack? 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As someone who went to a theatrical arts school in the late-1990s, I cannot adequately put into words how much I loathe Rent, but BUDDY I WILL GIVE IT A SHOT SOMEDAY

Just not today. Ugh. The bile in my throat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

As someone who went to a theatrical arts school in the late-1990s, I cannot adequately put into words how much I loathe Rent, but BUDDY I WILL GIVE IT A SHOT SOMEDAY

Just not today. Ugh. The bile in my throat.

No room.... at the Holiday Inn?   Oh no!!!  😞  

15 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

You phone me in the evening on hearsay
And bought me caviar
You took me to a restaurant off Broadway
To tell me who you are

Sorry, wrong "Rent."

The GOOD one! ...maybe I should go with The BEST one.

Edited by Shartnado
clarification
  • Thanks 1

I might have mentioned this but AEW sent me an email with a 4 for $40 deal for Collision in San Antonio. I will actually be in Texas for the holidays, but driving from Austin to Beaumont on Saturday so not able to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That card looks like a nice, sturdy bag of socks with some thermals under the tree. In other words, useful but not much of a present. 

It also reminds me that I STILL have to watch fucking Collision so there's that though

After just catching up on Collision it's going to be hard for tonight to be better than King/Danielson alone.  Shit, the other two CC matches ruled also so tonight will be climbing uphill.  Not saying tonight won't be fun because it will be but if we're comparing stuff then there you go.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

Things I remember from this week's episode of AEW Dynamite:

Strickland vs Rush was fun. Rush sold the 450 like he was mad that he was hit by a 450.

Briscoe with Cactus Jack and Sabu spots to get himself a W over Jay Lethal.

MJF and Joe almost fight before the ninjas show up to break it up, then the Black Scorpion challenges Joe and MJF for almost the same challenge that he made for Montreal

Riho wins and gets into it with Toni Storm before Mariah May helps out.

The Black Scorpion drops a mask in front of the Swerve Embassy door in order to get MJF into another feud.

Christian relays a telegram through Tony Schiavone? Nice of Christian to let Nick Wayne see his mother over Christmas?

Komander does wild things in the vicinity of Roderick Strong. Then Roddy wins and puts up signs saying MJF is the devil. Roddy and friends are pretty much the greek chorus of this shitty devil angle.

Jay White unleashes a hidden steel chair because the AEW refs are idiots about chairs apparently. Then Mox hulks up out of a countout tease. Moxley loses and we'll have a 3 way next week! Then Jay White does more shithousery to Moxley as we fade to black.

Edit: oh yeah, Wardlow is still doing vignettes and his hair is magnificent

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1

That was a tremendous show Lol.   I'm still laughing at White attacking Mox's knee and then doing a super Nana dance after 🤣

The MJF and Swerve backstage segment was FIRE.   MJF was on his A-game and Swerve was right there with him. 

I loved the line "I'm not the devil you lookin for but if you keep waving that title around in my face,  I'll take you to hell."   Great shit. 

All of the matches delivered tonight too.  

• Like 3

I skipped around through Collision. Kinda tired of Claudio and Andrade so didn't watch much of that; Eddie vs. Garcia was great of course. Danielson walking into the meat grinder of Brody wasn't actually as brutal as I expected and that's probably just because Bryan didn't want to go back to the hospital yet. 

Dynamite very much felt like AEW Raw tonight with all the angle advancement etc. Roosh/Swerve was A LOT of thigh slapping. Like, an inordinate amount. I can't recall a lot else of note... Taz as the Human Duplex Machine? Him saying Roddy had nice facial hair "uh, under his nose"? A pretty lame MJF/Swerve dis-off? NEENJAS? Renee and Roddy in a Battle of the Lisps? And then we had an excellent Mox/Jay match where Mox didn't bleed (maybe he saw that sign at ringside and said "fuck that guy"), plus Jay mocking the Nana dance. So it was kind of a one-match show for me. The Komander, women's, and too-long Lethal/Briscoe ones just don't really rate for me.

EDIT: The Christian telegram was fantastic. "I'll slap the yellow off your teeth" haha! Tony should have gone full Nigel and pronounced it "Chris-tee-ann" just to be a dick back.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Man, I will really miss this tournament once it's finished. In terms of in-ring action it's hard to come up with an example of another tournament where *every* match is so good. And every match with Bryan or Kingston has, in my opinion, been GREAT. And I don't feel burned out by the C2 so far, at all. The G1 ALWAYS burns me out when I try to watch every match. The smaller field and shorter match times definitely help out with that here. Can hardly wait for Collision. It looks like it's going to be an amazing conclusion to the first part of this very enjoyable journey. 

Weirdly, I feel like tonight's main event was my least favourite match of the tournament so far. Just felt a little bit "go, go, go, move, move, move, kickout, kickout, kickout" crossfit style to me, even with Mox selling the hell out of that knee. "Least Favourite" doesn't mean I didn't like it, though. Sir Paul is probably my least favourite Beatle but I love his music and he's obviously an all time great. 

I am still hoping for Bryan or Kingston vs Mox in the finals. Let Swerve go after Friedman's belt instead.

I think they handled Kenny being out really well. I am glad they didn't turn it into some BS angle. Stay tasteful, AEW!

I think that the C2 Triple Crown belt being plain black velvet is a BOLD design choice! 

SO HAPPY Riho won.

Glad they esplained the tiebreakers today.

Rush/Swerve sounds like dangerous driving! 

Nice to hear JR sounding relatively healthy and happy. He seemed rejuvenated.

Wardlow's stuffy nose, Joey Samoey, and the Mox sign all got legit lols outa me. The MJF is the Devil signs came close.

Hard to believe Christmas is almost here. 

Brian Cage vs Keith Lee could be tremendous. Big Meaty Men Leaping Around!

Edited by Gordi the former AEW fan
  • Like 4

Thought this was another awesome show. Swerve/Rush was a nice straight to the action opener.

Glad to see Mark get his 3 points in a solid match. Popped for the Cutthroat Driver which Excalibur seemed to almost call but stuck with Burning Hammer instead.

Laughed out loud when the Devil message appears and can loudly hear some guy shout "It's Bully Ray!! We've seen it before!!". Was also getting Aces & Eights vibes from all the random masked men, someone better get unmasked if Joe & MJF actually wrestle them this time.

Riho/Saraya was short but fun, Timeless delivering the goods on commentary again. 

Loved the epic finish to Roderick/Komander. Also loved the MJF/Swerve confrontation, great stuff from both. Always dig the champ being in multiple angles/feuds at once. 

Very good main event, didn't think they would go the triple threat route for the semi so that's cool, kinda glad that they aren't running Moxley/Swerve back quite so soon. One last show to get a possible draw in so I'm going with Bryan/Claudio for it now.  Definitely been a hell of a tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1