DVDVR Message Board

WORLDS END - 12/30/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Damn. The fall of Keith Lee is sad to see. There was a point when he first broke out that he felt like the future and someone should strap a rocket to him. Feel bad that his body seems to have hit the wall before he could ever break that ceiling. Hope he takes the time needed to recover and can come back healthy.

• Like 1

I mean I'm looking forward to Dustin vs Strickland but that's another match I have to write up. We get so few Dustin matches and I'm going to have to be harsh to Strickland's deficiencies most likely when I've kind of sort of tried to avoid that recently.

• Like 4

I'm sure it wasn't this concise, but it feels like Keith Lee's AEW stint was his hot debut and then he just never made it back to that level. This should probably be the end of going back to Swerve/Keith at least until you can believe in Keith Lee. Not to sound cruel to Keith but.

No offense to the Dustin superfans but I think Swerve should beat Dustin in under 10 minutes and it probably should serve the purpose of showcasing someone at Clash of the Champions.

If Swerve's working for the title in a few months, this should be the wrestling equivalent of winning a football team winning 35-10. Win by enough that it's decisive but maybe not a Georgia/Florida State squash.

This PPV is really hinging on The Devil storyline at this point. I have no doubt the in-ring action will be great as it tends to be but the card is really top heavy as only the final three matches feel like PPV-level matches. Hope they can deliver.

I feel like Miro/Andrade is going to be ** or **** with no between, they have the ability to put on a banger but do they have the desire.

• Like 2

So when I told my wife I was thinking of skipping the PPV, she told me “No you’re not, I need to know who The Devil is”. So there you have a casual fan getting a “smart” to drop $50 on a PPV.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

So when I told my wife I was thinking of skipping the PPV, she told me “No you’re not, I need to know who The Devil is”. So there you have a casual fan getting a “smart” to drop $50 on a PPV.

AEW sold out when the wives started getting interested. Amirightfellas? Who wants to belly bump?

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Don’t let Tony see this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Btw my wife is a Britt Baker fan, so she might get a double surprise! She also loves The Acclaimed (I meant everybody does, but still) and she might be be disappointed to learn they’re not on it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JLowe said:

What happens if they don’t reveal it tonight?

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hope Samoa Joe beats MJF for the AEW World Championship. Joe has earned it and then some with his AEW comeback.

Congratulations to Samoa Joe. The new AEW World Champion.

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Interested to see how the AEW Continental Championship looks. I like all the AEW belts, the best is the AEW World Championship.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KyKQ8zRnIvs/hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCK4FEIIDSEbyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLCc_NTCHRzg9wrLe5NhDbdG_b83gw

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sSA2uuTulm4/sddefault.jpg

I really like the AEW Continental Championship.

• Like 5