DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 11/23 - 11/28/2023

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Christian Cage is on a whole other level as a heel. I think he legit had that crowd wanting to see Luchasaraus...now Kill Switch (which is a much cooler name) turn and beat the shit out of him.

Well yeah. Anybody would pop for that.

All jokes aside, I think it's pretty clear the point of the bullshit name change is to put even more heel heat on Christian. And the crowd was chanting "Luchasaurus", showing that anticipation was already building for him to turn on Christian and get his name back.

• Like 1

Nice Jay Lethal v Swerve opener. Lethal continues to be a terrific hand. Wheeler Yuta/OC gang promo was good. MJF/Cole/Joe promo was a bit insufferable, but down for the Joe v MJF rematch. OC/Shibata/Hook v Twos/Hager was fine. Cole/Roddy promo was excellent. Roddy continues to be 'Must see AEWTV'. Christian promo was fairly strong. The Shayna Wayne involvement felt distasteful without enough impact to justify it. Least of which was having her front and center while Copeland 'concussed' her son. Rush v Jay White was solid. They gotta stop shooting Roosh's corner slap to the leg from the slapped leg side, that's worthy of Bret Hart's embarrassment. Something was missing here, but still pretty solid. Toni Storm promo was fine. I hope Mariah May wrestles before this goes on too long. Anna v Ruby v Skye was a bit weak. Anna continues to look good. I'm sure Skye has a bright future, but I think I've seen enough of the current act for a long, long while. Strong Moxley v Briscoe Main Event. I think it needed a Briscoe nearfall or something to put it over the top, but it's hard to complain with such hard hitting action. Good start to the tournament. 

• Like 1

Don't want to bring too much negativity to the board but I wanted to give the C2 a chance so I tuned in to see Mark Briscoe and ended up turning off the match after the second Death Rider. With a bit of a break I can say that the AEW house style has the incredible ability to take all of the fun out of matches and tournaments for me. Anyway, hope it picks up for y'all!

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

For people that are now convinced Jack Perry is THE DEVIL, watch Adam Cole in the chair before and after the video.  either Adam Is triggering the video or he found an interesting time to play pocket pool in those shorts

While Adam Cole isn't an ideal choice for The Devil, it would still be a better choice than Jack Perry. Honestly, the only really good reveal would be CM Punk, which I'm still holding out a sliver of hope for. 

• Like 2

Wonderful episode. So much stuff building with the main storyline with MJF, Adaaam, Joe, Devil, Roddy, Wardlow et al. MJF trying to weasel out of his promise was to be expected, but he can be talked into being the hero, apparently. That may end up costing him, though. At least Joe is there to protect his investment! I kinda felt bad for Roddy after Adaaam blew up on him, but it's not like he didn't bring this all on himself with his actions.

Christian Cage is out of control. Somebody needs to shut him the hell up, I guess even if it is Adam Copeland. Nick Wayne's Mom has a name now, but you know what, I'll still call her Nick Wayne's Mom. The way Copeland treated Nick, it may actually make her see things from Cage's point of view, however gross that may be!

The tournament matches were all very good. This established the usual suspects as the top 3 guys, with Jay White having the toughest time facing the apparent number 4 guy in RUSH. Too early to say who is the number 1 guy in this crew. At face value, it should be Mox, but I absolutely do not see him being in the finals (although Eddie-Mox is an issue that was never truly resolved one-on-one, since it resurfaced).

Danhausen and the HAT returning during the trios match was a nice surprise. The match itself was entertaining, but the heels deserved an actual entrance too!

Skye Blue took the advantage of the on going drama between the other participants, as she should have! This Ang-Ruby saga isn't exactly Indy-Dexter, but it has potential, for sure!

Storm acceptance speech was good enough, and the way Skye Blue sort of crashed it with her entrance and with a win tonight, she could actually be the first one to challenge Storm this time around.

My math says Danielson vs Andrade rematch is the only first round match not announced. I guess that would be the White-RUSH of that block, as the end result is at least somewhat in doubt with that one. Claudio and Eddie take their matches, most likely.

Plenty of entertaining stuff here all night!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hammerva said:

For people that are now convinced Jack Perry is THE DEVIL, watch Adam Cole in the chair before and after the video.  either Adam Is triggering the video or he found an interesting time to play pocket pool in those shorts

Well, it could have been itchy balls, but he also talked MJF into taking the match he obviously doesn't want, and he conveniently messed up two attempts to help MJF against White, so the circumstantial evidence is piling up and I guess the alibi for the first attack isn't exactly airtight, either! He also deflected by saying some people are saying Roddy might be The Devil, so yeah.

...Oh, and one of the most interesting aspects of this is that IF IT IS Cole, is Roddy in on it, or not? Because some clues point to yes, while others clearly no. I find that very fascinating!

Edited by Shartnado
Where DOES Roddy fit in, in all of this?
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Octopus said:

MJF -> Joe -> Eddie -> Swerve -> Negative One

Would this mean Swerve would be the one breaking Bruno's longevity record? Or is that going to be Roman's record at that point?

Given that MJF's reign has to be winding down, Joe could probably have it for a few months, then Eddie would probably hold it until the next Dynamite after the PPV he wins it at, so this would leave Swerve with quite a stretch before Negative One becomes at least a zero, right?

Edited by Shartnado
My math...

7 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Would this mean Swerve would be the one breaking Bruno's longevity record? Or is that going to be Roman's record at that point?

Given that MJF's reign has to be winding down, Joe could probably have it for a few months, then Eddie would probably hold it until the next Dynamite after the PPV he wins it at, so this would leave Swerve with quite a stretch before Negative One becomes at least a zero, right?

You put Negative One in a MEC suit for his safety 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

not sure there's a fledging guy who is up to the task, but in the spirit of "closing the door" on Killswitch turning face and returning to becoming Luchasaurus again, maybe Christian needs to gift the name Luchasaurus to some random dude so that Killswitch can't just change back upon turning on Christian (he'd change back and then beat up New Luchasaurus shortly afterwards)

• Like 1