DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Hey, an OT win!

Streak's alive!

Wait, what do you mean, "not that streak"?  There are two!

It really would've been extraordinarily strange if that had been how both streaks ended.

Step 1: Sell the team. 
Step 2: Fire Arn Tellem, Troy Weaver and their sons. 
Step 3: Send Monty packing. Tell him to take it up with the spraytanned dipshit billionaire. 
Step 4: Send Isiah Livers to the G League. He is not an NBA player. (I don't think his free throws at the end would've made much of a difference. But...c'mon.)
Step 5: Keep Cade, Ivey, Duren and Ausar. 

This organization is a fucking mess. That Dwayne Casey got more out of less speaks volumes. Until Gores, Tellem, Monty and Weaver are sent packing, this team is going nowhere. 

11 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Feels like a change of scenery will do RJ a world of good.

One thing though...he goes from being under the microscope in NYC to the bring under the microscope of playing in his home town. Hope he thrives coming home.

Giving up RJ & Quickley for OG sounds like a lot, frankly.  They don't have anyone *young* who could step into those minutes, and it's a third of their scoring.  Do you really want them playing Evan Fournier?  Should they call Brad Stevens and ask how that goes?  Then again, I shouldn't complain about 2 division rivals making each other worse.

Edited by Contentious C

Ricky Rubio took a buyout from the Cavs and will likely finish out his career in Spain.

Rubes is a fascinating counterfactual in a What if he didn't play for the Wolves?/What if he and Kevin Love weren't always injured? kinda way.

13 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Ricky Rubio took a buyout from the Cavs and will likely finish out his career in Spain.

Rubes is a fascinating counterfactual in a What if he didn't play for the Wolves?/What if he and Kevin Love weren't always injured? kinda way.

Genius level passer. Really good defender. If only he could shoot.

Kinda the Spanish Rajon Rondo, except he didn't play on teams with KG, Pierce, and Allen or LeBron and AD.

Doesn't help how he's perceived that he's one of the two point guards Minnesota took that weren't Steph Curry. Though at least he was the better of them.

You'll be shocked to learn Chris Paul is injured. Broke his hand, will undergo surgery next week. No timetable given but you have to figure at least a month and a half.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I say.

He saw the video of Chet Holmgren doing it - better, I might add - a week or so ago and decided to pay tribute. 

• Haha 2

Dallas managing to somehow knockoff Minnesota without Lively in the lineup was unexpected. As much as Mavs fans want to run Dwight Powell out of town, he busted his ass tonight.

Draymond is wild. Am I alone in not buying the "I was about to retire, Adam Silver begged me not to" claim? Yeah, okay. "I got told to stop choking other players, I'm going to walk away from $100 million." 

I also love his whatever back-and-forth with KD. In some point of his rant, he said:

"I'll tell you it really pissed me off when Kevin Durant said, '[Green] wasn't like that when I was around [him and] I hope he gets the help he needs,'" Green said on his podcast. "And then I start going into this deep dive. ... I went back to Kevin Durant's statement ... as I sat with myself, I said, 'I think it is time that the world gets to know me, who I am. And if I can look at Kevin's statement the right way, through the right mindset, through the right lens, he is acknowledging essentially what I want the world to know about me.'"

LOL, my dude -- you have a podcast and are one of the biggest media spotlight hoggers in the NBA. I think we all know you. 

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Heat have given Erik Spoelstra an extension.  It is the biggest coach's contract in NBA history... 8/120

One 50-win season since 2014.Just saying.