DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane VII - 10/7/2023

Dolfan in NYC

How fucking cool did Lashley and the Street Profits look? Damn. They're gonna be heels who people love real quick. And big ups to Ford, who worked heel the entire match in the " This guy is an asshole" way. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

We need an oral history of the Cody/Jey media availability.

I need an oral history of that Cody and Jey were drinking before the scrum because holy shit they are enjoying themselves way way way more than that scrum deserves.   

Frankly they should all be drunk for these scrums if you are going to have "reporters" ask planted questions about Taylor Swift

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

deadly red mist

You know I actually had a fan blow cayenne pepper into my right eye as I was putting it into a bowl of chili yesterday, shit works. 

I was wondering why people were mentioning Carlito being juiced up in the Discord and now I know why. What's he supposed to be doing? I cannot see ANY need or desire for the return of a midcard '00s talent who's been working in the PR for a decade plus. 

My first thought was “aren’t there a million luchadors in this company that could team with Rey?”  My second thought “are they going to have Zelina wrestle, maybe the only person there shorter than Rey?  “ 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

My first thought was “aren’t there a million luchadors in this company that could team with Rey?”  My second thought “are they going to have Zelina wrestle, maybe the only person there shorter than Rey?  “ 

Dragon Lee also seemed like a natural fit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I need an oral history of that Cody and Jey were drinking before the scrum because holy shit they are enjoying themselves way way way more than that scrum deserves.   

Loved it. Cody’s Codying at like 80% speed and Jey seems druuuuuuunk. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dragon Lee is the only other luchador around. He would have made more sense given the recent interactions with Rey and security havign to hold him back when Lashley and the Profits beat down LWO a couple of Fridays ago. I assume they went with Carlito since he already had ties to LWO from Backlash, and they already hired him back for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Are they sure they want Jey drunk on camera? 

Jimmy is the one who needed rehab. Jey had the usual DIU many in developmental seem to get at least once.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, L_W_P said:

While I appreciate that the story is always moving to the next step, it does feel strange seeing Cody win a 'side mission's title and newly pushed singles star "Main Event" Jey jerk the curtain in a tag team...

The Undisputed Tag Champs are allowed to appear on both shows which gives Cody a storyline reason to be back in Roman's orbit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Hasn't Cody been on Smackdown the last 2 or 3 weeks? As if they would go through the trouble of finding a reason to get him there when they want him there.

Only this past Friday for the big babyfaces reigning supreme segment at the end. 

On 10/7/2023 at 11:10 PM, The Natural said:

Two results didn't go my way, I wanted Shinsuke Nakamura to win the World Heavyweight Championship even though I knew he wouldn't

I think there is still too much money to be made from woah WOAH woah for them to take the belt off of Seth quite yet.

On 10/7/2023 at 8:36 PM, odessasteps said:

I briefly popped on the show and Cole Graves just called Rhea “a succubus”.

will withhold the potential settle down Odessico response.

Went off to find your copy of the 1ED Monster Manual, did ya?

Edited by J.T.

I was hoping Cedric would come out to join Lashley and the Profits to set up a Survivor Series tag against the LWO, but it looks like there's no PPV between now and then so plenty of time for something like that to potentially happen. 

Priest not cashing in also surprised me but they really sold how beaten up he was.

On 10/8/2023 at 3:56 AM, L_W_P said:

While I appreciate that the story is always moving to the next step, it does feel strange seeing Cody win a 'side mission's title and newly pushed singles star "Main Event" Jey jerk the curtain in a tag team...

6 man was fine. Did they mention that Carlito was running late at all? Weird that he left team hanging so long. Profits should have won though. Already a rocky relationship with Bobby.

Thought Charlotte was winning to set up Jade's debut. Glad Sky retained.

Yeah they on commentary said Rey on an interview on the preshow called him but got no answer however he was sure he would show up.