DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

So... I've got a coworker who's a Jets superfan.   Last week he was telling me how this was Zach's 'big test' and if he failed (lol) the Jets should trade for Kirk Cousins.  

I mean, I have to say, I almost felt bad for him.   

Then I remembered he told me "Knicks in 5" and "Denver didn't scare him"

My reply was to nod, then tape this picture outside his cube

Spoiler

tom-thibodeau-jimmy-butler-knicks.jpg

🙂

• Like 1

You'd have to get Cousins to waive his no-trade cause and there's just about no chance he agrees to do that to spend three months as a lame duck quarterback for that shit show in the middle of a contract year.

Of course, that's not going to prevent all the Really Smart Football People™ online from speculating that it's going to happen for the next five weeks.

The only name I can think of that A.) Might be relatively easily available by the trade deadline and B.) Actually potentially help the Jets win is Ryan Tannehill. He's not played as well the last year+ as he did during the Titans really good stretch/when Henry was still nearly unstoppable but the Jets have a good running back and at least one good receiver. Plus Tennessee has both a rookie and an intriguing mid round second year guy at QB they might want to get a good look at if they fall out of playoff contention.

But can Tennessee fall fast enough that it's still worth it for the Jets to trade anything of value for him? I feel like the Jets are at least as little to be out of contention by the deadline as the Titans are.

Which means they're probably fucked.

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

CBS Sports reported that Matt Ryan declined a contract offer from the Jets.  So, they decided to do the next best thing:

(I repeat from the first post... *almost*)

Meanwhile, Colin Kaepernick sent them a very nice letter offering to jump in and be the Jets practice squad QB. In the letter, he assured the team he'd be supportive of Zach Wilson. 

• Haha 1

Man, I'm as big a Kaepernick supporter as you'll find, and yeah he got fucked over bad by the Shield, but it's time to let it go.  He's been out of the league for almost 7 years. He'd get wrecked out there.   That said, it's the Jets, and what the hell else do you have to lose? 

Anyway... on to things that matter...  Swifties are learning about the NFL:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Man, I'm as big a Kaepernick supporter as you'll find, and yeah he got fucked over bad by the Shield, but it's time to let it go.  He's been out of the league for almost 7 years. He'd get wrecked out there.   That said, it's the Jets, and what the hell else do you have to lose? 

Anyway... on to things that matter...  Swifties are learning about the NFL:

Well the Bills are at the Chiefs, so if they are still dating by then, the swifties won't be exposed to the extracurricular activities at Bills games, some of which have been described here. That's probably for the best.

Allegedly Tunsil and his replacement Josh Jones both out at Left Tackle for the Texans versus TJ Motherfucking Watt.  Alleged hologram Austin Deculus or traffic cone practice squad recent signing Geron Christian to start. 

Jesus Christ.

Edited by Lawful Metal
ADDED CITE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tabe said:

Meanwhile, Colin Kaepernick sent them a very nice letter offering to jump in and be the Jets practice squad QB. In the letter, he assured the team he'd be supportive of Zach Wilson. 

“When you’re trash, you don’t put it on somebody’s doorstep and ring the doorbell and expect them to be like HEEEEYYY!!!” 

🔥🔥🔥

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

...can this lead to her taking over the Superbowl from Usher?

If this had broken big a few weeks earlier, I feel like that might've been a real thing.

Maybe next year, especially if she keeps driving numbers for the NFL like last week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Fuck that. Usher has a 30 year career full of bangers, he's the perfect choice for a Super Bowl halftime. 

This and they don't usually book folks who are at the height of their career. I mean when they got Rihanna, the woman ain't released in album or new music in several years and been mostly making lingerie and cosmetics. Yeah, I think that's a pipe dream.

Eh, they got The Weeknd pretty much at the height of his career. Bruno Mars if anything hadn't gotten to the peak yet. Beyonce had basically been on a decade+ non-stop peak. Gaga might not have been quite at her peak but she was only a few months after Joanne came out and was a pretty damn big success. Katy Perry was between album cycles but both the one before it and the one after it were big successes.

Usher is more in line with with Dre and company a couple years ago and even the post-nipple parade of aging rock stars. (Which I really liked several of those.)

Have you seen what Swifties do to the ticket sales of her events? If she plays halftime, we'll have a stadium 3/4 full of people only there to see her.

Actually, that would be kind of fascinating. Do they stay for the second half?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Usher is one of those cats that I respect the work ethic and talent, but I can't say I enjoy any of his music. Like I'm tapped out on "Yeah" for a life time. I'm sure most folks could say the same for Swift's Shake it Off.