DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I really really hate the decision to kick the field goal.

Proving once again how incredibly lucky that Josh McDaniels has a head coaching job,  in the post game conference he claimed that it was still a 2 possession game.    Apparently Josh though it was 2003 and the 2 point conversion didn't exist.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Proving once again how incredibly lucky that Josh McDaniels has a head coaching job,  in the post game conference he claimed that it was still a 2 possession game.    Apparently Josh though it was 2003 and the 2 point conversion didn't exist.

Even if he was right (which, clearly, he was not) it would still be the wrong decision. If you play good defense and get the ball back, you now have less time to get down the field. You are less likely to get that close to the end zone again but have a much higher chance of getting into field goal range. But he set himself up to need the touchdown at the end... Good fucking Lord this isn't even complex analytics this is common fucking sense Josh!

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

The funny part is the drive before they did a two point conversion so either he was making a dumb excuse off the top of his head or he had a brain fart mid game.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The funny part is the drive before they did a two point conversion so either he was making a dumb excuse off the top of his head or he had a brain fart mid game.

Brain fart is his normal operating mode.

He's the worst coach the Raiders have had since Lane Kiffin.

The game loss was bad enough, but hearing all those Steelers fans in stands was the true defeat.

I would say that Al is spinning in his grave, but he hired Kiffin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Brain fart is his normal operating mode.

He's the worst coach the Raiders have had since Lane Kiffin.

The game loss was bad enough, but hearing all those Steelers fans in stands was the true defeat.

I would say that Al is spinning in his grave, but he hired Kiffin.

Did Lane lose to a guy who was named head coach straight off of television? I don't think he did,  therefore Lane>McDaniels.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, next week is certainly going to be fucking annoying, that's for certain:

Hey! Texans are inducting JJ Watt into their Ring of Honor at halftime — and I’m gonna be there!!! So next week can’t get here fast enough!!!!

Edited by Lawful Metal
Spelling
  • Like 4

You know, maybe it's just me, and maybe he's fully cleared medically, but man, starting Burrow feels like a real risk. Playing with a calf injury seriously increases the risk of Achilles tears.

I get if they don't win tonight the season is basically lost, but it feels like you need to have at least a little bit of concern for the rest of the season/the next decade or so with a franchise quarterback.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Hey remember when people like me thought Baker Mayfield was back.  Yeah about that.  Hell it isn't like the Eagles are a tough D as well

A) He had to be there in the first place to be back and B) that's what you get for thinking. . . .

26 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Hey remember when people like me thought Baker Mayfield was back.  Yeah about that.  Hell it isn't like the Eagles are a tough D as well

I'm not sure there's ever been a player I've been more perplexed by than Baker.

Excellent rookie season. Utter flop his second season. Looked like a budding star his third year. Really disappointing fourth year. Traded to Carolina, is the worst starter in football. Ends up in Los Angeles because they have nobody. Before he's even learned all his teammates' names has his performance of the year, engineers two late drives for a comeback win. Immediately goes back to sucking as he learns the playbook and gets to know his receivers.

Signs in Tampa, wins a very sad camp battle to start. Looks good for two weeks, people start kinda believing in him... Now tonight.

Nobody knows how Baker is going to play on any day ever.