DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

The Impractical Jokers are getting fucked, they run that shit constantly.

I remember someone saying Honor Club doesn’t have a lot of content on it prior to 2010ish. Is that true? It’d definitely be worth it for access to the full archives from 04-07, especially considering how much money I dropped on those DVDs back in the day.

18 minutes ago, hobo joe said:

The Impractical Jokers are getting fucked, they run that shit constantly.

I remember someone saying Honor Club doesn’t have a lot of content on it prior to 2010ish. Is that true? It’d definitely be worth it for access to the full archives from 04-07, especially considering how much money I dropped on those DVDs back in the day.

As of right now of those years, there are only the first four events from 2004,  almost all of 2005 minus 1 or 2 events, 2006 is in full, and just the first half of 2007 is up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, matt925 said:

Giving lucha credit: I learned lucha through LuchaBlog, posts on here from @Matt D, @John E. Dynamite, @odessasteps and on PWO through @ohtani's jacket and @elliottpwo (and lurking through the GWE threads, in general).

Lucha is a weird thing where it doesn’t have the same type of hyping and learning resources as Puro. It’s very tough to get into as a novice. Without this place I would have likely only seen WCW and ECW specialty matches.

And thank you to all I tagged. I talk with some of you off here, but a good deal of you and others do the lord’s work. Very appreciated!

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Eddie Kingston, ROH World Championship vs. NJPW Strong Openweight Championship announced for AEW Grand Slam Dynamite on Facebook an hour ago. The match will be great, torn about the outcome. I'd rather Eddie Kingston have his big win with the biggest belt, the AEW World Championship. If I had my way, Mad King ends MJF's reign as AEW World Champion. Eddie Kingston should have beat Miro at All Out 2021 or a rematch at the first Grand Slam Dynamite.

• Like 1

Prob Too easy to just say  look for stuff with Solar and Negro Navarro. And Blue Panther. Of course I will always pimp Hechicero and Virus.

Esp when guys work outside CMLL and aaa. 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Eddie Kingston, ROH World Championship vs. NJPW Strong Openweight Championship announced for AEW Grand Slam Dynamite on Facebook an hour ago. The match will be great, torn about the outcome. I'd rather Eddie Kingston have his big win with the biggest belt, the AEW World Championship. 

I agree. I could see this as a situation where Tony Khan looks at the ROH title as a world and this will be the big cathartic win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Eddie Kingston, ROH World Championship vs. NJPW Strong Openweight Championship announced for AEW Grand Slam Dynamite on Facebook an hour ago. The match will be great, torn about the outcome. I'd rather Eddie Kingston have his big win with the biggest belt, the AEW World Championship. If I had my way, Mad King ends MJF's reign as AEW World Champion. Eddie Kingston should have beat Miro at All Out 2021 or a rematch at the first Grand Slam Dynamite.

Video package:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ik14rPT8UyU

• Like 1

Just now, Octopus said:

The Kingston vs Castagnoli feud is one of the things I love about AEW. A willingness to to use wrestling’s history. No need to retcon between companies. 👍

Another thing we find agreement on, my friend. Less said about the taint spammer, the better.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

As of right now of those years, there are only the first four events from 2004,  almost all of 2005 minus 1 or 2 events, 2006 is in full, and just the first half of 2007 is up.

Wait what? And I was asking for all the good ROH to watch on there to justify this last month of payment? 

Fuck that, I'm cancelling now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Well, they've got two of the best in 2005 and 2006 but piss poor there's no 2002-2003 and 2004 is severely lacking.