DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JULY 2023

8 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Miami, Florida is closer to Toronto, Ontario than Kenora, Ontario lol

We claimed Kenora and Lake of the Woods for Manitoba years ago. Their entire economy is basically Winnipeggers driving out to the cabin for the weekend

• Like 3

23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe Tony can get them to do a cover of Cherry Bomb. 

(I leave it to Curt to co e up with a better female punk band song.)

I mostly listen to female fronted bands. All-girl is hard. The Slits? Poison Girls? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You just reminded me of Allie Katch and how they need to scoop her up like yesterday. 

She talked wayyyy too much shit about PWG not booking women to the point where PWG started booking women who purposefully aren't her

That bridge is burned

20 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

She talked wayyyy too much shit about PWG not booking women to the point where PWG started booking women who purposefully aren't her

That bridge is burned

There's probably more to it than that because she worked a match on Dark against Big Swole after she started calling out PWG for not booking women's matches.

There was a female wrestler (forget her name as this was during the pandemic but I believe she is based out of the Midwest) who threw some shade at TK on Twitter, and she has been booked on Dark or Rampage since for enhancement matches since then. So I take it either Tony didn't see it or just didn't give a damn. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If we are making up reasons Allie Katch isn't in AEW, I think "she isn't a very good wrestler" would be a better made-up reason.

At the time she was calling out PWG for sexism, she had stopped training and was regularly dropping her opponents on their heads because she didn't have any upper body strength

I'm assuming the Big Swole squash was a rib since that match was only a few weeks after the Twitter drama

6 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

At the time she was calling out PWG for sexism, she had stopped training and was regularly dropping her opponents on their heads because she didn't have any upper body strength

I'm assuming the Big Swole squash was a rib since that match was only a few weeks after the Twitter drama

Was this before or after the shit with MJF being a bad ex boyfriend or whatever? Or is that all tied in?

All I know is out of the blue Allie Katch was booked for an AEW match.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Bunny? Huh. You just reminded me of Allie Katch and how they need to scoop her up like yesterday. 

Speaking of the Bunny, does anyone know where she's been? She hasn't been on tv with The Butcher & The Blade lately.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Speaking of the Bunny, does anyone know where she's been? She hasn't been on tv with The Butcher & The Blade lately.

She had some kind of injury (I wanna say broken nose or orbital bone but I can't remember for sure). The Blade, her real life husband, had a social media post about it that hit my FB feed a week or so ago.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If we are making up reasons Allie Katch isn't in AEW, I think "she isn't a very good wrestler" would be a better made-up reason.

This is probably true if the only thing you’ve seen of Allie Katch is her GCW stuff. She’s a ton of fun in Wrestling Revolver.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

She had some kind of injury (I wanna say broken nose or orbital bone but I can't remember for sure). The Blade, her real life husband, had a social media post about it that hit my FB feed a week or so ago.

Yeah it was a really bad face/head bump on a TV match.