DVDVR Message Board

WrestleZAYNia XXXIX - 4/1 & 4/2/2023

Dolfan in NYC

I just want to say that after the Endeavor merger today, considering how Roman is the franchise, if I could have bet on Roman assuming the odds still strong in Cody's favor I would have done that.  And I felt stronger on that during Roman's long entrance.  I wasn't as shocked as I would have been yesterday, but I was still pretty surprised.  I was honestly thinking if ever a time for a Dusty finish this is it, there was enough time left on PPV, but twas not to be

1 minute ago, Andrew POE! said:

Not to be a jerk but fuck it....I hope fans at Raw tomorrow attack Roman Reigns. Don't give him a chance to speak and do his boring promos talking about how he won, etc....they should try to hurt him.

The fuck is this shit? Am I misunderstanding some hyperbole or are you actually asking for fans to physically attack a performer because you don't like the writing the company is giving him? What a garbage post.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Krone said:

Cody next year in Philadelphia again right? I'm not saying that's what I want, cause I don't; but doesn't Cody's whole gimmick scream "win the title in Philadelphia" with the Homelander stuff.

Cody is getting booed to hell in Philadelphia if that's the case

4 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

Not to be a jerk but fuck it....I hope fans at Raw tomorrow attack Roman Reigns. Don't give him a chance to speak and do his boring promos talking about how he won, etc....they should try to hurt him.

Because, eventually what the WWE is doing is going to backfire on them.

Are you serious? You can completely go fuck yourself if you think fans should attack a wrestler because the company booked a decision you don't like.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I can already see this is going to be divisive but I'm sold on Cody Rhodes and I'm also sold on Roman Reigns. People are going to pretend WWE is dying when Roman Reigns is clearly the biggest star they've had since Cena.  

I always wanted Jey Uso to beat Roman Reigns so let's go with that. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, peterien said:

As much as I want you to be right, all signs point to a Cody win, however one thing I grasped from the video packages this week is that Romans run doesn’t feel finished just yet. 

I had an inkling but fuck, what a horrible decision. 

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

I'm losing it on how Wrestling Twitter was falling over themselves to praise it... right until the finish.  

Dusty's kid not winning it on shot 1 makes sense.  Cody having no where to run when adversity hit makes sense.  Yeah, not pulling the trigger at Mania can suck, but with that reaction, Cody's made.  This won't hurt him.

It only makes sense if you don’t build it up in the way they did, but once they went with the build they did he just looks like no different to the other losers, especially with such a weak finish. That’s ignoring if they’ll have The Bloodline feud as hot when they eventually do pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

Because, eventually what the WWE is doing is going to backfire on them.

Oh and I cancelled my Peacock service after the finish to the main event.

What the fuck? You can't be doing that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

The fuck is this shit? Am I misunderstanding some hyperbole or are you actually asking for fans to physically attack a performer because you don't like the writing the company is giving him? What a garbage post.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Are you serious? You can completely go fuck yourself if you think fans should attack a wrestler for because the company booked a decision you don't like.

Partially serious. But eventually whatever audience that is left for WWE won't be back to hear Reigns drone on and on every week. It's borderline HHH "Reign of Terror" territory.

• Like 1

I love Roman going over. I've thought this for a bit now, but I think the plan is for Roman to break Bruno's record. WWE prints money no matter who is positioned where. You make a legitimate monster mega star in Reigns doing something no one else has ever done. And you make a legitimate mega star with whoever beats him. I mean I could be wrong. But who is left? Cody & Sami were both INCREDIBLY over and could have been fitting caps to this run. No one else on the horizon is in their league. So it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Feel for Shane. I tore my ACL on a top rope backflip. It's very similar to what happened to Shane. Landed flat footed but slightly hunched forward on the leapfrog and the ligament just popped. He tried to post off the hurt leg to get out and with no ACL the bone slid forward and gave out. I don't think Shane should be an onscreen performer at this point but man I hate to see anyone have to go through the hell that is ACL reconstruction. It fucking sucks.

Night 1 was better but Bianca vs Asuka, Cody v Roman, & IC triple Threat were all bangers.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Andrew POE! said:

Partially serious. But eventually whatever audience that is left for WWE won't be back to hear Reigns drone on and on every week. It's borderline HHH "Reign of Terror" territory.

Get the fuck off of the internet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nowhere near the Reign of Terror.

That was dubbed so because it stopped so many borderline main eventers being made.

The only guy that should have beaten Roman in this run is Sami. Other than that, Roman building this title run is everything to WWE and the person that beats him will be a made man forever.

You don't use that on someone who's already in the A tier of superstar. Just like Wyatt or Reigns should have ended the streak before Brock, you need a Sami/Jey/Bron/Gunther type to be the one that ends Roman's run because it'll hold that much more value in elevating them than it would in simply giving a Cody/Drew/Rollins type a title run.

2 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

You're a garbage person for suggesting that. The TV bad guy is mean and making my TV show not so fun, I hope people beat him up. Go back to Reddit or Twitter with that shit man.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I lived through that shit cmon bro.  He's way more over and WWE is doing record business.  you gotta be trollin

Honestly, I’m probably more curious to see where they go from here than I would have been had Cody won.  Cody’s going to get his run eventually.  He won’t be hurt in the long run.

Roman talking shit to the Usos, telling them “I took care of business.  Why didn’t you?” Is going to be fun.

• Thanks 1