DVDVR Message Board

2023 AEW Media

Dolfan in NYC

ALL IN dvd arrived today. will likely be weeks before i watch it, so look elsewhere if you want to know the differences between this and the live broadcast. also, sorry the 2nd pic is so blurry

(edit: also sorry that the pics didn't embed. dvdvr board vs. imgur vs. twiztor's phone is a triple threat where there are no winners)

https://i.imgur.com/Z1R2OMu.webp

https://i.imgur.com/UzkJoEU.jpeg

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 2

Marty Scurll, Tessa Blanchard, Joey Janela, Son of Havoc... boy those were different times

PS Not accusing Joey or Cross of anything, just saying they haven't been around in a loooooooong time and probably wouldn't get a whiff anymore. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Not quite the progressive promotion people wanted. 

Wasn't a promotion yet and shit hadn't come out about some of those folks yet but all means don't let facts get in the way of your weird agenda. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

No. I was just using him as an example of a person who was so not in the building anymore, so to speak, same as Joey Janela. No connection to the first two creeps. 

And yet Marty Scurll is apparently the reason that Serena Deeb is basically being paid to stay home.

If that's true, clearly Punk doesn't know the whole story. Even in Scurll's account, both he and his victim were drunk at the time. And drunk people can't consent.

Whoa-ho-ho, where did all of that come from, Meltzer? And why hasn't it been posted on here before? Because that's some serious shit right there, and feels like slightly more than just a "three strikes" thing. She's gonna end up working Tessa in that Narrative company. 

EDIT: It also feels like it belongs in the Punk thread as another black mark that led to his ousting. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Hey, @Matt DI wanted to bring to your attention that Colt and Cutler are not only teaming up but they're doing the bonus matches.  While it's as close to a full match as can be in edited form I figured it's worth watching.  And yes I timestamped it so you don't have to see the other BTE stuff if you don't want to.

Also, if that strikes your fancy then they've been doing this for what feel like the past four or five episodes.  My favorite so far was when Cutler and Johnny TV got in a dance-off to start their match.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 8:14 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Marty Scurll, Tessa Blanchard, Joey Janela, Son of Havoc... boy those were different times

PS Not accusing Joey or Cross of anything, just saying they haven't been around in a loooooooong time and probably wouldn't get a whiff anymore. 

I do wonder why Matt Cross didn’t get picked up for the roster. That dude was on the run of a lifetime when AEW started…

• Like 1

I think there's a real possibility that the booking plans that were pencilled in for Joey Janela ended up being given to Moxley.

There was no proper BTE yesterday, just a short Cutler and Cabana meet fans at Dynamite segment. But they did upload of bunch of archive footage as YouTube Shorts. Including the bit where Flip Gordon was doing the "But I'm not booked" from Beyond the Mat.

Which did lead to some internet disgruntlement at Flip being back on BTE, despite the fact that it was footage from 5 years ago.

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

@Craig H  There is so much awesomeness in this.  Plus Nana can say he's now been in a music video.

Haha, yeah, I watched that the other day and was cracking up. I need to get to an AEW show to do the Swerve Nana dance.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 8:28 PM, Craig H said:

Haha, yeah, I watched that the other day and was cracking up. I need to get to an AEW show to do the Swerve Nana dance.

Found this and thought of you:

https://tjrwrestling.net/news/prince-nana-reveals-origin-of-viral-dance/

I've also wished you an early Happy Birthday in the Happy Birthday thread. I can't tag or embed. It's most frustrating.

I just came across a news item of Kingston talking about Punk that included this video link. I clicked and was reminded of this glorious Kingston-Punk duelling mics segment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=438&v=OO0j3xaZ53E&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2F411mania.com%2F&source_ve_path=MzY4NDIsMTM5MTE3LDEzOTExNywyODY2Ng&feature=emb_logo