DVDVR Message Board

2023 AEW Media

Dolfan in NYC

Tonight, Elevation is a BEST OF compilation, without any new matches. The taping schedule must have caught up to them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AxB said:

Tonight, Elevation is a BEST OF compilation, without any new matches. The taping schedule must have caught up to them.

Honestly not a bad idea to put one of these together every quarter or so, especially if it gives a chance to highlight some new signings.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zendragon said:

Idea give him a Walter from TBL gimmick 

Isn't that just Dutch from the Righteous? (For what it's worth, I think they should pair JD and Dutch and run with that).

So after a massive lack of Elevation last night, we have Dark tonight with...

• Lee Johnson vs Blake Christian
  • Nese/Woods vs Reynolds/Silver
  • Emi/Mei vs Reka Tehaka/Ashley D'Amboise
  • Cezar/Nemeth vs Brock Anderson/Pillman Jr.
  • Harley Cameron vs Mafiosa
  • Clayton vs Jake Logan

Pretty stacked episode of Main Event there.

• Like 4

No.

You type her name into the gif search on Discord, and you get her making a ring entrance on the AEW stage.

Edited by AxB

YEAH! DARK!  It's Harley Cameron!  It's Mafiosa!  Cameron looks pretty good for a gal with no cagematch.net profile.  Mafiosa has a very very odd offense. So strange. Harley with the Backstabber!  That was two gals not screwing anything up!  Blake Christian, who is the guy who puts over everyone spectacular in ROH,  takes on Big Shotty!  Hey, they are telling a little story.  Christian BUMPS BIG for Lee Johnson!  Johnson is good at pro wrestling,  He has good lowgrade heel offense.  Blake puts together a higher impact comeback!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB by Big Shotty!  Standing Spanish Fly by Christian!  They run into each a bunch until Christian hits a very fourth-rate Seth Rollins Stomp On The Head!  That match was a 100% WCW Main Event match.  It was like Chip Minton and Lash LaRue could actually wrestle.  Pillman and Anderson take on Ryan Nemeth and Cezar Bonino!  Pretty Peter Avalon CHEATS! in his Member's Only jacket.  GREAT camera work as Nemeth gyrates his groin region.  Anderson wins with a FLASH pinfall!  The highlight of the match was Arn clotheslining PPA!  Mei Suruga!  EMI!  IT's Ashley D'Ambroise, the budding new Skye Blue!  It's WOW all star Reka Tehaka!  EMI beats on both opponents at the same time!  Oh yeah, the TRANSFORMER!  EMI kills Tehaka with a diving Crossbody on the steps!  EMI MOONSAULT FOR THE WIN!  That was fun.  Zack Clayton takes on Jake Logan.  Okay, Logan is completely awesome taking an assbeating.  That was 45 times better than thought it would because I assumed that would not give a crap about that match, but Jake Logan made me give a crap!  CRAP GIVEN!  John Silver and Alex Reynolds take on Josh Woods and Tony Nese!  Woods does a weird thing in the ropes that looked like it sucked.  Sweet German Suplex by Woods!  Hungee is a whirling dervish of a hot tag which he caps off with a BRAINBUSTER!  Nese uses CHEATING Ari Daivari to get a nearfall on a Pump Handle K-Driller!  Evil Uno storms ringside and Reynolds and Silver hits their multi-step finisher!  That was good.  That was a fun little episode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brock has gotten the Arn Anderson promo almost down to the science.  Now if his ability gets there then man we can have something here.   Now Brian Pillman Jr on the other hand looks like he is auditioning for the New York Dolls or maybe a hair metal tribute band

• Like 3

Dark Elevation may be cancelled:

It had a good run. Who knew watching wrestling on Mondays could even be a thing?

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I’m ultimately ok with this with the advent of ROH and the new Saturday show. I hope it doesn’t mean less studio ROH shows but instead that Dark is exclusively tapes before the other shows and not in studio. Basically that Elevation becomes Dark.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Will be sad at the Wight/Daddy Magic breakup if that’s the case. Developed some good chemistry the last couple of months.

It was very weird to have two color guys without a PBP though. My guess is that Wight moves to Rampage and they do Excalibur/Ross/Wight. Daddy Magic would be a weird third for Dark though. I miss the times where Eddie Kingston was there.

• Like 1

I dunno, Paul Wight was awful without Daddy Magic. I worry the split will cause Paul to go back to his pre-Menard shitty ways. How about we just move them over to Collision. Excalibur can tag along if he must, but I don't think they were lacking without a third. I'm hoping 'Collision' also leads to a final 'Rampage' episode. Tho, I'm not expecting it.

Was there really that much of a difference between dark and elevation though? I liked the wcw c shows because you got low card roster members having competitive matches with each other ( as opposed to just endless squashes) . Assuming the new Saturday show replaces the YouTube show that’s what I hope it is let some non pushed people get wins on tv.

regarding that promo with Brock and Brian, I’ve enjoyed Brock and hopes he continues to improve, Brian on the other hand just doesn’t seem to get it. Julia despite being very green seems to have passed him interms of instincts and understanding her character. I really feel she ads a lot to the overall presentation of The HOB

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Was there really that much of a difference between dark and elevation though?

Generally yes, but it was slight.

Elevation was in front of a hot arena crowd ready for action and featured over mid-card acts not on Dynamite and Rampage that week.

Dark was in front of a studio audience and had more tryout type matches. 

But there was plenty of overlap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope they realized they were wasting hot pre-Dynamite crowds on their D-show and taping their B-show in front of East Coast 10PM-on-a-Wednesday zombies. Am I losing my mind or were they not taping half of Rampage pre-Dynamite and half afterwards before ROH worked its way in?

3 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I hope they realized they were wasting hot pre-Dynamite crowds on their D-show and taping their B-show in front of East Coast 10PM-on-a-Wednesday zombies. Am I losing my mind or were they not taping half of Rampage pre-Dynamite and half afterwards before ROH worked its way in?

I’ve only been to one show but the order was YouTube taping, live Dynamite, Rampage taping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dark also had a lot more locker room-based stories whereas Dark Elevation was more pure matches. Also, the universes within the shows didn't crossover, as compared to Dynamite/Rampage.

If Dark Elevation does get canceled, I'll be bummed as watching both shows after coming home from work had become a household tradition. Daddy Magic to look forward to on Tuesday Morning, Tazz on Wednesday.

• Like 3