DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

Yeah, but Perlmutter wasn’t involved in anything related to the TV and movies arm of Marvel, which is Marvel Studios. It was in the Marvel Entertainment part of Disney, that dealt with stuff like the comics. I don’t really see how this’ll affect Marvel Studios going forward like @Dolfan in NYC mentioned. Victoria Alonso being fired, sure. Ike, though? No way. He was pretty much a laughing stock at Disney/Marvel, backed the wrong horse back in 2015 when he wanted to fire Feige, and tried to force a friend of his onto the board and failed horribly.

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Ike "girl superhero toys won't sell, make less Black Widow merch" Perlmutter was still hanging around? Huh. 

Thereby making them usually the most expensive figure of a case, due to scarcity. 

I don't think Perlmutter was doing much of anything but considering how big an asshole he was, he probably should have been fired years ago. Kind of surprised it took them this long. I figured he was only still around because it would cost more to release him.

On 3/29/2023 at 5:31 PM, odessasteps said:

Thereby making them usually the most expensive figure of a case, due to scarcity. 

Shortpacking of female characters goes back decades and was definitely a big thing for flippers (or scalpers as we called them then).

I'm genuinely happy for those who are looking forward to The Marvels (2023). I have fuck all interest in it. Captain Marvel (2019) is in my bottom tier of MCU movies. I'm in the minority on Guardians of the Galaxy also but that's started to grow on me more. Cosmic MCU isn't my thing. Same for sci-fi barring a few exceptions.

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Legit thought this was a late April Fools Day.

Hard Drive is a satire site.  Like The Onion but exclusively for nerdy culture.  🙂   

7 hours ago, Raziel said:

Well, now, don't you tell me to smile...

Whoever the villain is looks to be wearing the nega-bands, so there's that.

Zawe Ashton is supposed to play General Dar-Benn, the primary antagonist in the movie.  

zawe-ashton-marvels-1-1681223427031.jpg

It appears as though she has the matching bangle to Kamala's as well as an Accuser's Rod like Ronan.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Cheers. You learn something new every day.

On top of that, Hard Drive is a spinoff of The Hard Times, which is an Onion-style humor site based on hardcore/punk music and literally the only thing I miss about having Facebook 🤣

Stoked for the movie because my wife loves Carol and we both adore Kamala!

• Like 1