DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hard pass on checking that out (I'll take your word for it), but I have a feeling she won't be in the plans for any future Marvel stuff anyway so it wouldn't shock me if this is her final MCU appearance.

I go back and forth on who I think dies in this movie, because Kang is definitely going to do it. All I know for sure is that it's going to be either Janet, Hank or Hope.

Other shit I think will happen:

• Scott (and Hope?) will be stranded in the quantum realm.
  • Cassie makes it out, warns what heroes are left on Earth about Kang. Possibly starts to form a Young Avengers group.
  • MODOK will be where most of the comedy in this movie comes from.
  • This movie will be fucking awesome because the previous two movies were fuckin' awesome - fight me
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Log said:

So they're having Yellowjacket become MODOK?

Looks like it hasn't been officially confirmed but it's been reported for a while now and it sure looks like him in the unmasked shot from the trailer.  Unless they switched him with Paul Scheer and thought no one would notice.

I'm guessing that after he got quantumized Kang found him and fucked all his shit up to become MODOK.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 2:06 PM, Zimbra said:

Looks like it hasn't been officially confirmed but it's been reported for a while now and it sure looks like him in the unmasked shot from the trailer.  Unless they switched him with Paul Scheer and thought no one would notice.

I'm guessing that after he got quantumized Kang found him and fucked all his shit up to become MODOK.

After seeing Red Skull pop back up in Infinity War, I figured we'd see Corey Stoll again if he wanted the work or had the time to do it. I didn't expect him to be MODOK though, but I'm fine with that.

Idk y'all, Peyton Reed shitting all over the concept when he was brought in to babysit the first movie, wasting the sequel on a two hour sitcom plot, then demanding an epic third movie sounds a whole lot more hilarious than whatever this turns out to be.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Idk y'all, Peyton Reed shitting all over the concept when he was brought in to babysit the first movie, wasting the sequel on a two hour sitcom plot, then demanding an epic third movie sounds a whole lot more hilarious than whatever this turns out to be.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP is one of the worst Marvel movies IMO. I was shocked that they let Reed come back after that. And even more shocked that they let him make…this.

With you both.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) was a chore to get through. Other bottom tier movies had at least something good like Iron Man 2 (2010) with Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow's debut scene, the first half of Iron Man 3 (2013) with The Mandarin, Thor: The Dark World (2013) for Loki and the score for Frigga's funeral by Brian Tyler. Hell, Hulkbuster vs. Hulk in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).

Edited by The Natural

I'm in the minority here when it comes to Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and Captain Marvel (2019). I know there's half here who like Iron Man 3 (2013) while I've always hated it for the Mandarin twist because we get a Mandarin away from the caricature in the comics revamped as a terrorist cell leader wearing combat fatigues who was so credible in the trailers and the first half of the film played menacingly by Sir. Ben Kingsley...to a fucking joke with another businessman with a grudge played by Guy Pearce. 

Regarding Ant Man and the Wasp, I cannot in good conscience ever dislike a movie that has Walton Goggins in it.

Kidding aside, I must be in the minority because I actually really enjoyed both Ant Man movies.  They aren't in my top tier of MCU entities, but certainly not in the bottom and they have a replay value to them.  

• Like 3