DVDVR Message Board

2023 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

Casey

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

One of my favorite Giant Bomb series from right before Brad/Vinny/Alex left was the Breaking Brad where Brad played his way through it. It's definitely a brutal game. 

Why the hell is Evil West still a $60 game? Did Nintendo secretly develop it? I want to play it but I thought it looked like a $30 to $40 game, most games like that within months are 25% off but this one is holding tight. Did anyone even play it.

Still addicted to Diablo 4. Last night I finally got to fight a World Boss. I had a good time with that, but thought it was kinda easy. Then I realized I was on World Tier 2 instead of Nightmare mode. The previous day my and my other two friends who are on Nightmare and Torment dropped down to Tier 2 to help a friend who is only on act 3 of the story. I forgot to switch back to Nightmare and so all of the loot drops were utter garbage.

Other than that, I've been running a bunch of Nightmare dungeons. At level 60, I can solo a tier 9 Nightmare dungeon as long as the random events that spawn aren't Nightmare Portals. I've been doing those to level up my sigils on my paragon board. I was also trying to get some better gear, but I've been getting absolute shit for gear. I'm using the same gear I've had for a week now. Found out last night that the best way to get better gear is to do Helltides. Those spawn on a timer and I mostly play at night so a lot of times I wind up missing them between when I can play and when I stop to go to bed.

I'm having a great time with it still. I haven't rolled an alt yet, but when I do I'll do a Druid even though Druids have pillow hands until you hit 50. My group is basically just waiting on our one friend who has held out on Diablo 4 because he doesn't have the time, which is weird for an actor in LA that isn't getting any work at the moment...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Broadsword totally pinky promises to keep making new stuff for it.

I don't think they have any history of actually making new content to any serious degree. But I will say this, they also oversee Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot which are both positively ancient by MMO standards but they've kept the doors open. And honestly with the amount of content Old Republic has it's not like it getting at least another decade of life in maitenence mode is the worst possible outcome or something.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:33 AM, The Natural said:

i beat this game for the first time earlier this year. it is definitely a challenge, and i'm saying that as someone who can beat SMB1/SMB3 without any real struggle. i consider it a real accomplishment. 

i bought Diablo IV. my game crashes every 10-15 minutes. i can't finish Act I because it won't stay stable long enough for me to complete the missions. i can only assume this is due to server issues, as the few times i've tried to play during the week or at odd hours, this issue is severely less often. i guess i'll just wait a month or whatever and see what happens. i am enjoying the game when i get a chance to play. but to say that i am disappointed is a massive understatement.

New patch to Diablo 4 was badly, badly needed. The inclusion of being able to instantly TP to any nightmare dungeon is a huge quality of life improvement. Prior to the patch, you had to go through your inventory of Sigils, which are what turns a dungeon into a nightmare dungeon. There are dozens of dungeons in the game so finding the specific one to go to was a little annoying. Now it's as simple as right clicking on the Sigil to consume it, that then takes you to your map, and right away you get a prompt to TP to the area. 

They also buffed damn near everything in the game, which at this point, sure, fuck it. It's not a competitive game. It's a looter ARPG. Don't hamstring us right at the start. XP was increased for so many things too. You can really feel the difference. Last night I started a 1/4 of the way into level 62 and finished hitting 63. At this stage, 2 to 3 hours of playing was basically getting a little more than halfway through a level.

Now it's time to find out what they're going to do with seasonal content and battle pass stuff. I'm hoping for the best.

Funny moment: I was doing a round up of all my unclaimed Humble Bundle games for a game giveaway thread on another forum (I'd link it, but not sure of the etiquette), and I have over 350 games to give out.

In other words, "Hello, I R STUPIDFACE who should have cancelled Humble Bundle a while ago :P"

• Haha 1

I'm sure y'all can hear my bank account screaming in fear wherever you are. Literally everything on my wishlist on Steam is on sale.

Like, I could get the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for $15. I'm just not sure if my computer can run it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I finally finished Horizon Forbidden West. I must have been pretty OP, as the boss fight didn't take that long. I think I finished at 84% complete, did almost all the collectibles. 

Undecided about buying the DLC or finally starting Ragnarok before Starfield comes out. 

BTW, in a couple days, if it's ok with the mods, I'm going to be posting a list of games I have from humble bundle to givewaway (that I'm not going to play). I'm not going to say I should've cancelled my Choice subscription years ago, but there was nearly 400 games in my list that I originally posted on another forum. They've taken some, but there's plenty of ones left (and if you want a sneak peek at the list or even to claim, let me know, I don't want to overstep my bounds with the mods, but I also want to get all these #@*%@*&%$_) games out of my humble bundle. I've paid for them, it's time someone played 'em!

• Like 2

On 7/10/2023 at 3:08 PM, SirFozzie said:

BTW, in a couple days, if it's ok with the mods, I'm going to be posting a list of games I have from humble bundle to givewaway (that I'm not going to play). I'm not going to say I should've cancelled my Choice subscription years ago, but there was nearly 400 games in my list that I originally posted on another forum. They've taken some, but there's plenty of ones left (and if you want a sneak peek at the list or even to claim, let me know, I don't want to overstep my bounds with the mods, but I also want to get all these #@*%@*&%$_) games out of my humble bundle. I've paid for them, it's time someone played 'em!

I've done similar before on here. I still have 100+ keys to give away. 

I usually don't respond as my potato has rough times with things, and I don't have a paid GeForce Now account (until they finally integrate MS Marketplace on there and have GamePass stuff available.)

40 years of the Famicom campaign soon. We will see what Nintendo will do...

Sunsoft will port 3 Famicom games to the Switch and PC

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/sunsoft-plans-crowdfunding-campaign-to-port-three-famicom-titles-to-switch-pc

Old info but Capcom has their own 40th website, with some old NES and SNES playable games, in Japanese and English.  

https://captown.capcom.com/en/retro_games#section-bottom

• Like 1

I thought I was done with this Limited Run Games nonsense but they just revealed that they completed the once-cancelled Shantae game for the GBA and it'll have a proper cartridge release. A hybrid remake/documentary edition of Karateka, a physical version of the Castlevania GBA collection, a remaster of the original Clock Tower, a compilation with the SNES/Genesis/GB Jurassic Park games, a Gex collection & a Tomba! remake/remaster/compilation/something. Some wild CDi-inspired game that is clearly trying to riff of The Bad Zeldas and Hotel Mario that might be competent? It's called Arzette and it has some of my attention.  Oh and M2's doing a Tiger Heli compilation. 

Damn it I gotta live on tuna melts this week, need to free up a couple hundo.

6 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I thought I was done with this Limited Run Games nonsense but they just revealed that they completed the once-cancelled Shantae game for the GBA and it'll have a proper cartridge release. A hybrid remake/documentary edition of Karateka, a physical version of the Castlevania GBA collection, a remaster of the original Clock Tower, a compilation with the SNES/Genesis/GB Jurassic Park games, a Gex collection & a Tomba! remake/remaster/compilation/something. Some wild CDi-inspired game that is clearly trying to riff of The Bad Zeldas and Hotel Mario that might be competent? It's called Arzette and it has some of my attention.  Oh and M2's doing a Tiger Heli compilation. 

Damn it I gotta live on tuna melts this week, need to free up a couple hundo.

Since they got Gex and Tomba on the Carbon Engine, these are only the first of many of that generation to be ported into it and released for modern consoles. That’s exciting. I’d be more hyped for PS2 stuff, but baby steps. We’re getting there.