DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The parade of delays continues

Netflix delayed 6 movies into 2024

Lift - Heist movie starring Kevin Hart and directed by F. Gary Gray. 
Was August 25, 2023. Now January 12, 2024

Damsel - Fantasy film starring Millie Bobby Brown and Angela Bassett
Was Oct 13, 2023

A Family Affair - Rom-Com starring Zac Efron, Joey King, Nicole Kidman, Liza Koshy, and Kathy Bates.
Was November 17, 2023

Players - Rom-Com starring Gina Rodriguez and Damon Wayans Jr

Shirley - A biopic about Shirley Chisholm, starring Regina King

Spaceman - Adam Sandler is playing the Czech Republic's first astronaut

There's a scene online where it looks like Jason Statham and the shark are teaming up to defeat whoever the bad guy is. 

I promise to watch this thing baked off my fucking skull.

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

There's a scene online where it looks like Jason Statham and the shark are teaming up to defeat whoever the bad guy is. 

I promise to watch this thing baked off my fucking skull.

You may need to purchase another skull off the black market and then bake that one by using it as a bone bong to watch this.

• Haha 6

On 8/3/2023 at 9:58 AM, RIPPA said:

Spaceman - Adam Sandler is playing the Czech Republic's first astronaut

I have exactly one Czech friend. She professionally translates English language movies and TV shows. I'm imagining her having to work on this...

• Like 2

Considering the talk of dead filmmakers and stars, Michael Caine popped into my head and turns out he's got a movie coming out in October. He is 90 years old. This trailer pretty much gives everything away but it looks to be quite the tearjerker (and if you had/have a relative who was in WWII like me it looks like a gutpunch). 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1689723106099625984

Michael Mann's "Ferrari" has received a promotion waiver from SAG-AFTRA because it's being done by NEON who's already agreed to SAG's terms.

Some clarification from SAG-AFTRA leadership re: the term “waiver” vs interim agreement

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/sag-aftra-interim-agreements-1235560502/

We are starting to get a dearth of things to talk about so here is Vacation Friends 2

Same cast as the first one with the addition of Ronny Chieng, Steve Buscemi and others

I know when the first photos of "Maestro" came out, there was a lot of criticism over Cooper trying to look "more Jewish" with a fake nose and only added fuel to the controversy over non-Jews playing iconic Jewish figures.

I was in high school when Bernstein died and I recall seeing some of his conducting on TV -- his nose was smaller than Coopers fake honker.

The British Carey Mulligan playing a half-Costa Rican woman is also a tad odd.

• Like 2