DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

anything, the barrier would be Dave not wanting to do any wrestling and focusing on his acting. 

Oh yeah, agreed, hence the 'perfect world' caveat - and boy, could I have used you last night. I had no idea he'd already worked on WBD stuff in any capacity - that's my bad. Thanks

• Like 1

Also, Dave Bautista said that Guardians 3 would be the last time he would be playing Drax. And considering James Gunn likes to work with the same actors over and over again, and is in charge of DC movies now, there's a real chance that Dave ends up playing someone or other in a DC movie.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

Also, Dave Bautista said that Guardians 3 would be the last time he would be playing Drax. And considering James Gunn likes to work with the same actors over and over again, and is in charge of DC movies now, there's a real chance that Dave ends up playing someone or other in a DC movie.

Just now, odessasteps said:

You could see Dave playing Doomsday or Blockbuster or Major Force. I'd exclude Bane since I doubt they want to revisit him again so soon.  

I was typing this while Odessa replied similarly - how f'n cool would it be if they made a Death of Superman movie where John Cena is Superman and Bautista is Doomsday? That's like peak America

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

With Paul Heyman as Lex Luthor. 

If he ever wanted to try legit acting, that's definitely a great role for him - his facial expressiveness would work really well I think if you look at it in the context of the movies with Gene Hackman and super-hammy Kevin Spacey (the latest one with the Facebook guy, not so much). I've always been a real geek for the Superman character for whatever reason, as you can probably tell.

19 minutes ago, 赤い竜 said:

I'm surprised nobody posted the ratings for Collision episode 2.

Because no one cares and no one is expecting big ratings for a wrestling show on a Saturday, fuckface.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2023 at 10:16 AM, Craig H said:

Because no one cares and no one is expecting big ratings for a wrestling show on a Saturday, fuckface.

maybe chill out on the name calling. this was unwarranted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Damn, that's doing Lex dirty.  Despite being a criminal mastermind bent on world domination, I'm sure he actually paid his henchman. 

Wonder what kind of 401k plan Mercy Graves got from Lexcorp? 

• Haha 2

This is gonna sound like me just being nostalgic for a bygone era, but I always legitimately thought the that concept of Turner Time was pretty brilliant (starting everything at 5 after the hour) - with total viewership peaking at both the top of the show and the overrun, I wonder if they brought that back, if there would be any legitimate effect - though as far as the demo goes, I'm not sure how many 18-49s watch linear anyway, or if any DVR numbers are included here, etc. 

Also, are streaming numbers included in this data? I'm semi-aware this is one of the reasons for the writers' strike - I was talking to I think Craig about YouTube TV the other day, and how I usually start the show at 9 but end up catching up before the end a lot of the time by fast forwarding commercials - so for the sake of argument, let's say Nielsen includes us: would my view be counted as a DVR+7, or would I be included in the quarter hour data above? 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Also let me make this perfectly clear: I have never, not once, posted on Showbuzz Daily
  • Like 1

That’s a lot more of a steady line then some recent shows. Be interesting to see if trends can continue. The recent shows have been mostly good to great from start to finish.