DVDVR Message Board

Oh HOLY FUDGE! WHO THE FUCK KNOWS~!

DEAN

The domain is connected to the new sparkly server.  The November update has been run!  EVERYTHING should be fixed!  Or everything is going to hell.  WHO COULD BE SURE?

2 minutes ago, Red King said:

Still all broken.  Board must not be compatible anymore with stuff. Maybe all create all new board where everyone has to sign up again and start from scratch.

I don't see that happening.

• Thanks 2

Board works on the other browsers for me, like Samsung Internet but just not compatible anymore with some browsers on tablets like Chrome. 

Does it work on Chrome for PC?

It's kinda scrambled up. And not universal. 

Works fine for me on Chrome on both PC and Android, except changing pages on threads is still busted.

Also I think we lost some posts in the changeover?  I remember talking about Dwight Powell in the NBA thread and now it's gone.  I could also be having a stroke...

• Like 1

Other than eating one of my posts, board seems fine to me. Whenever I had the page changing issue in the past, I'd just right click and open in a new tab and would be fine. Let's not touch it.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Also I think we lost some posts in the changeover?  I remember talking about Dwight Powell in the NBA thread and now it's gone.  I could also be having a stroke...

Yeah - pretty much instead of going back a hour with the clocks, we went back a full day and all Saturday posts are gone

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I think this update ends the ability to go to the http url, meaning everybody goes to https. That means that pasting twitter URLs on Chrome isn't working (it works on Safari)

Again - this is a case by case, computer by computer, user by user basis.

I have been posting Tweets all day on Chrome with no issues (including the following)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Is there anyway to turn off "recommended" and "featured" post?

I/We use Feature (theoretically) on the important/popular posts so folks will see them instead of starting a new thread/posting the same thing in multiple threads.

It clearly doesn't work

Recommend I honestly didn't know was there until yesterday

Where are you seeing them?

I never see Featured or Recommended threads/posts so that is either because

I used a different display view

or

I am an admin and we don't see them

It's the same message I get on this computer at home - which is the one computer I have issues with (especially on Chrome)

Funnily - I just rebooted and now everything works

That is usually the case and then within 48 hours the problem returns

On 11/8/2022 at 9:57 PM, username said:

I never had this before until yesterday in the Nov 2022 wrestling discussion thread, so now I know what y'all are talking about. It is mildly annoying!

same here. never had an issue with it until this week. 

also now i don't seem to be able to tag members when i try. i just get the window like it's loading users but the wheel just spins. @RIPPA