DVDVR Message Board

2022-23 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

RIPPA

This is maybe the first time I've believed that a coach leaving was actually a mutual decision.

And because the Nets can't help but step on their own dicks Ime Udoka is apparently the frontrunner to replace Nash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

This is maybe the first time I've believed that a coach leaving was actually a mutual decision.

And because the Nets can't help but step on their own dicks Ime Udoka is apparently the frontrunner to replace Nash.

Wojo says Quinn Snyder is the other name in consideration

Zim... come on, you know that there's absolutely no chance this move will blow up in their face like Tom looking into a oddly ticking box that Jerry has just handed him. 

• Haha 3

I almost don't want to say anything to jinx it, but the Bucks are quietly 7-0 without Khris Middleton. 

The caveat is that 6 of those games were at home and the competition hasn't been especially stiff, but still.

• Like 1

I’m guessing Kyrie will make up with the Nets sooner instead of later.  Nets are a train wreck and Kylie can still play.  If he does finally get himself bounced from the NBA, ehh, he’s well on his way to becoming a folk hero to some.

lol, maybe banning him from the league would be a net win.  He’s said a few times that basketball is keeping him from doing the great things he was put on this a earth for.  If he gets bounced from the league, he can finally end world hunger and solve race relations.  

Luka with his 8th straight thirty point game to start the season. He's only the second player to have thirty in each of his first eight games, after Wilt who matched the feat in 1959-60, and then scored thirty in each of his first 23 games in 1962-63.

Luka probably won't match that one.

They took off the interim tag and Jacque Vaughn is the new head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.

I'm a Jayhawk so I like Vaughn a lot, natch, but his time as HC in Orlando was incredibly rough.  

Yeah, I'm guessing some combination of the Association telling them to get their shit together and giving up on trying to save this season.

Dwight Howard is heading over to Taiwan to play ball, not sure if his contract has an out if he gets an NBA offer.

Miami seems to be king in sports facilities named after horrific collapsing companies.

FTX is basically dead after Binance pulled out of the deal to buy them after doing this thing the kids are all raving about called "due diligence".

I really hope Pat took the money in cash.  But... It is Miami.

• Haha 1

They apparently blew up like $10B in assets by taking out loans backed by customer deposits and their own funny money.  

That's what you get for putting ads in my fortune cookies, assbags.

Edited by Zimbra

On 11/5/2022 at 1:57 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Luka with his 8th straight thirty point game to start the season. He's only the second player to have thirty in each of his first eight games, after Wilt who matched the feat in 1959-60, and then scored thirty in each of his first 23 games in 1962-63.

Luka probably won't match that one.

Update: Luka's streak snapped after 9, which does give him sole possession of the second best season opening thirty point streak ever.