DVDVR Message Board

2022-23 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

RIPPA

Reports are that the Suns offer for Kyrie was Chris Paul, Jae Crowder and draft picks (that included only one 1st round pick). The Nets wanted 3 first round picks

The Lakers offer was Westbrook and two first round picks. The Nets wanted them to include Austin Reaves and Max Christie in addition.

The Lakers are going to win the trade when they sign Kyrie in the off-season.

“Win” may not be the right word for putting Kyrie and Russ on the same roster.  I think it will be very much a “your mileage may vary” situation.

Edited by Doc Townsend

Riley's turned on the stove:

They get back cash in return. The move puts Miami $5M under the tax and gives them room to add 2 players.  Supposedly there's a larger deal looming, but everyone's seeming gun shy as to what it actually is.   (With any luck, Lowry can pack his shit.)

43 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

So the Suns' new owners first move after taking over was to hire Isiah Thomas for a high-level front office job.

Sorry, Phoenix, maybe the next owner will be OK.

The fact that Detroit never gave him a job after his playing career ended really should've been a clue to the rest of the league...

• Like 2

The direct quote from Kyrie's first statement as a Maverick is an all-timer. 

" I wish them well. I left them in fourth place. I did what I was supposed to do, took care of my teammates, was incredibly selfless in my approach to leading..."

The "incredibly selfless in my approach to leading" speaks for itself but do not let it overshadow bragging about bringing your team to fourth place in the standings. 

• Haha 1

He may or may not be the greatest player ever, but God damn. I was two when Kareem broke the record.

Plus LeBron is 4th all time in assists, the only player in the top ten of both lists.

What an absurd career. And he's still arguably a top ten player in the NBA today.

• Like 2

Mostly my biggest takeaway from this night is that OKC is freaking fun to watch, but that's at least in part because the Lakers are sloppy as Hell and have more turnovers than a Brooklyn bakery.  If they get someone alongside SGA who can get his own shot and play better defense as a whole, they could do some damage.

Edited by Contentious C

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Mostly my biggest takeaway from this night is that OKC is freaking fun to watch, but that's at least in part because the Lakers are sloppy as Hell and have more turnovers than a Brooklyn bakery.  If they get someone alongside SGA who can get his own shot and play better defense as a whole, they could do some damage.

Especially given how young the roster is, and how loaded they are with picks to either add more depth or trade for a star, the future feels real bright in OKC.