DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

nb: The "Eddie Kingston was that dude in High School..." tweet genre is a deep, deep thing at this point.

Edited by AxB
  • Haha 5

From Death Match Down Under: Charlie Evans giving Joel Bateman an Ocean Cyclone Suplex through a sheet of glass:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

After seeing Charlotte do a moonsault where she lands on her hands and feet it's pretty funny to see her totally flapjack on an inadvertent one. 

Why do you think it was inadvertent? It was a failed Spanish Fly.

If you want to hit Spanish Fly, aren't you supposed to like, lock up with them first? Because she just stood on the top rope and jumped off. It looked more like she was trying a Pele kick than a Spanish Fly.

Anyway:

E1uDcIkWEAAhyJC?format=jpg&name=large

Toni Storm borrowing Dean Allmark's Ruby Cutter. Zoey Stark making it look like she took a gnarly headspike, while actually just doing a handstand.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Toni Storm borrowing Dean Allmark's Ruby Cutter. Zoey Stark making it look like she took a gnarly headspike, while actually just doing a handstand.

My favorite kind of moves are the ones that look like gnarly head spikes, but are ultimately safe.  There was a Dean Malenko slow motion brain buster gif posted a while back that looked like he spiked the guy on the first loop,  but the more you look at it the more you notice how safely his opponent landed right on the widest part of his upper back/shoulders. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 6:24 PM, Pete said:

QkWOlM.gif

Fun!

He did bust out a version of this in Japan, WCW, perhaps even during his WWF coneback in 2002. Of course, this looks way more crisp that whatever that was.

Edited by Shartnado
Meant to say "a version of this"

3 hours ago, AxB said:

For those who don't know, Toni Storm was trained by Dean Allmark when she left Australia to expand her wrestling knowledge.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I could not for the life of me figure out what Charlotte was doing, just seeing it in gif form. 

One of the Charlotte-Chokers on Twitter was all DUH SHE OBVIOUSLY WENT FOR A HURACANRANA AND ASUKA COUNTERED IT and I'm like "what, by using her mind powers to make Charlotte do a moonsault to nowhere instead?"

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AxB said:

If you want to hit Spanish Fly, aren't you supposed to like, lock up with them first? Because she just stood on the top rope and jumped off. It looked more like she was trying a Pele kick than a Spanish Fly.

She elbowed Asuka on the side of the head just a bit before on incidental contact so I think it was a case of just trying to give Asuka time to gather herself than anything else. It actually took a bit for Asuka to follow up. Could have been just selling, but its doubtful.

Edited by Eivion