DVDVR Message Board

The Olympics

Dolfan in NYC

Exactly!  I mean yeah they're going to always suck at winter sports but at least I can say they're from Greece and hate one drop of snow.

As for actual sports only two things I'm focused on are curling and the Jamaican bobsled team.  I don't know how well they'll do but I'm just happy to see them there.

• Like 1

Am I the only person that normally watches the Olympics that is struggling to care about this one? I don't know if its because we just had an Olympics, COVID/no crowd fatigue, the political aspect.... but I haven't even looked up the schedule yet. There are a number of events I enjoy, and just a few months ago I was live streaming 6+ hours of the Olympics during my overnight shift watching whatever was on. I'm going to see what's on tonight and try to get into the spirit, but it feels like I am forcing myself rather than really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Leslie Jones announced that NBC asked her stop living tweeting the Olympic Games (which she has done for a few of the last Olympics)

Apparently - this is one of the many things they are blaming the shitty ratings on

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Leslie Jones announced that NBC asked her stop living tweeting the Olympic Games (which she has done for a few of the last Olympics)

Apparently - this is one of the many things they are blaming the shitty ratings on

NBC has backtracked on this claiming it was a "third party" who didn't speak for NBC who told Jones to stop

Unsurprisingly, there are people who don’t like that a dual citizenship athlete did not choose the US at the Olympics. 

imagine if they knew about footballers who pick their national team based on how good they may or not be and can realistically represent.

Edited by odessasteps

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/33249419/team-figure-skating-medal-ceremony-beijing-olympics-delayed-legal-issue

wait, legal consultation? The only thing I can think of is citizenship or age (I think if it was Drug related, there wouldn't be that legal consultation), and the fact that four members of the Russian team didn't show up for practice... the only other thing I can think of is that they knew they had a COVID positive and still let them participate..

On 2/9/2022 at 5:35 AM, SirFozzie said:

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/33249419/team-figure-skating-medal-ceremony-beijing-olympics-delayed-legal-issue

wait, legal consultation? The only thing I can think of is citizenship or age (I think if it was Drug related, there wouldn't be that legal consultation), and the fact that four members of the Russian team didn't show up for practice... the only other thing I can think of is that they knew they had a COVID positive and still let them participate..

Yeah, it's because a 15 year old Russian tested positive for a banned substance.   A heart medication given to ill patients that in healthy people can allow them to perform better.  

Oh Russia!   Will you ever learn!   

200.gif

• Like 1

In a decision only the IOC could make

Russian skater Kamila Valieva will be allowed to compete but if she finishes in the Top 3 no medal ceremonies will take place

So like for the team event - the US and Japan get no medal ceremony because one person on Russia cheated

Yet the IOC says it is "in the interest of fairness to all athletes,"

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In a decision only the IOC could make

Russian skater Kamila Valieva will be allowed to compete but if she finishes in the Top 3 no medal ceremonies will take place

So like for the team event - the US and Japan get no medal ceremony because one person on Russia cheated

Yet the IOC says it is "in the interest of fairness to all athletes,"

Tell that shit to Sha'Carii Richardson.  The IOC can fuck right off.

Edited by J.T.