DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

This is kind of why I'm glad Grogu is going away. We were reaching peak Grogu. This sort of gives a well-timed exit for Grogu, and the show can go in a new direction without him. We already saw people getting angry at Grogu after the egg thing. You keep this storyline running another two seasons, it's going to get tiresome, and he's going to become Scrappy Doo.

I’ll believe he’s going away when they announce him for a new show.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

If they go back on this ending and go right back to Mando and Grogu adventures in space, that would be a monumental error. 

It might just take a few episodes? We’ll see. You can only cover so much ground in a season. 

15 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

If they do that, the show will lose its integrity.

What does integrity have to do with a merchandising bonanza? But it’s the DNA of the show anyway. It’s what the show is about. The Adventures of Din and Grogu. It’s never been anything else. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

What does integrity have to do with a merchandising bonanza? But it’s the DNA of the show anyway. It’s what the show is about. The Adventures of Din and Grogu. It’s never been anything else. 

It will be. It will be.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That someone was none other than Jon Favreau and then Bryce Dallas Howard said she's great to work with so I'm guessing she will be invited back for more Star Wars. She must be feeling like it's a dream.

I still think back to when she on New Day's podcast and immediately was crying before started talking about that. So it was really sweet hearing how much it means to her. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, Technico Support said:

Mando honors the old way, brother.  He's not doing a fingerpoke of doom.

Cody's list goes from "decent choice, can't really argue with that" to "holy shit what a nincompoop" pretty quickly.  And ranking Rogue One last is the dumbest fucking thing since...well...since ranking Rise of Skywalker above anything.  I'd legit rather be kicked in the balls, both of them at the same time, than watch that horrible fetch quest piece of crap again.  Hell, I'd rather watch a Dynamite episode with Cody in every match and Cody promos in between than watch that again.  I hated Rise of Skywalker so much that I saw it for free on a plane during a work trip and still felt ripped off.  I hated it so much that I posted about it here while killing time sitting outside at a Starbucks at Downtown Disney District on an absolutely beautiful California day.  There I was, sitting in paradise, trying to enjoy a big coffee after a long and satisfying day of work, waiting to meet some family, posting about how much I hated that movie.  That how bad it was.  Cody is a moron.

I somehow missed this post till now. That's an epic rant I won't forget. Cheers, @Technico Support. I have to ask...Rise of Skywalker or Interstellar? ;).

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, TheVileOne said:

This is kind of why I'm glad Grogu is going away. We were reaching peak Grogu. This sort of gives a well-timed exit for Grogu, and the show can go in a new direction without him. We already saw people getting angry at Grogu after the egg thing. You keep this storyline running another two seasons, it's going to get tiresome, and he's going to become Scrappy Doo.

Less is more.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Man, I don't know if want to love or hate that video.  I'm leaning towards slight cringe thought may give it another try.

I also wanted to say that I loved the discussion here regarding Mandolorian.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan so felt it was best to sit on the sidelines and see y'all fill in the blanks regarding the story.  But it's a highly enjoyable show and sonofabitch was that finale awesome.  I honestly thought one of us would get a bit misty at the end but we somehow didn't which was surprise.  But I'm gonna miss seeing Grogu though am curious about Boba Fett's story.

Also, since this is a wrestling board it still blows my mind that Sasha Banks got to tornado DDT Boba Fett.  Who in the hell thought they would see that coming?  Heck, she even put a bit of that Boss style into her limited speaking role.  And all because she was on Hot Ones and somebody noticed her.  Insane.

On 12/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

That someone was none other than Jon Favreau and then Bryce Dallas Howard said she's great to work with so I'm guessing she will be invited back for more Star Wars. She must be feeling like it's a dream.

I didn't know that about Sasha Banks, cheers. It's probably not going to happen with how Jon Favreau is so busy with Star Wars but I'd like him to direct an MCU movie again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Hey, That’s how i feel About Vader in Rogue One!

Yes. Rogue One made Darth Vader the Darth Vader you fear again. That scene of Darth Vader slaughtering Rebels might well be my favourite Star Wars scene ever.

The dark corridor, the breathing, the Lightsaber lighting the room from black to red and the ways Vader ran through them. Perfect sequence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Control said:

When did ROGUE ONE end up being the consensus pick for best post-prequel film? I don’t remember it getting that kind of reaction when it came out.

Probably after Rise of Skywalker took a giant steaming turd on screens.

• Like 3

Yeah Rogue One always had some decent love if only for that Vader scene.

Just now, JonnyLaw said:

My thoughts exactly.  In all honesty, would anyone be surprised, or upset, if he played an alien version of Machete with a name that translates into Machete?

Honestly I will be happy if Trejo shows up at all. I don't care how big or small part though I would love if they pulled something like this.

To round out a crummy year I went back and watched Episodes I and II today.  Phantom Menace was much as I remembered, a giant kids movie with Darth Maul being the cool interlude.

Attack of the Clones though, maybe because I haven’t watched in 10 years or so, looked way closer to the Clone Wars in style than I remembered. Did it always look this way? My memory is hazy on this.

Neither movie was as bad as I feared. I hated Ep 2 when it came out but quite enjoyed revisiting it. I plan on doing episode 3 and Solo tomorrow.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

To round out a crummy year I went back and watched Episodes I and II today.  Phantom Menace was much as I remembered, a giant kids movie with Darth Maul being the cool interlude.

Attack of the Clones though, maybe because I haven’t watched in 10 years or so, looked way closer to the Clone Wars in style than I remembered. Did it always look this way? My memory is hazy on this.

Neither movie was as bad as I feared. I hated Ep 2 when it came out but quite enjoyed revisiting it. I plan on doing episode 3 and Solo tomorrow.

If you watched the D+ version, which is the extended version I think a lot of us never bothered, it is a bit better. The dialog is still cringe-worthy, but I think it is improved by seeing it through the lens of "Revenge of the Sith". It's still down at the bottom of the list of Star Wars movies for me, but it's not the abomination I remember, either.

• Like 1