DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

It's Paul Ellering

LOD would return a short time later with original manager Paul Ellering. The team incorporated a ventriloquist dummy called "Rocco" (Originally introduced as "Freckles" in front of a live crowd at a WWF TV Taping, the segment bombed so bad that it never aired) which served as their “inspiration”, but this gimmick was short-lived. Hegstrand left the company in disgust with the Rocco gimmick immediately after SummerSlam 1992 at the Wembley Stadium where LOD rode to the ring on motorbikes in front of over 80,000 fans. He then went AWOL in London after the event with John Nord (The Berzerker) and missed the flight back to the US, while Laurinaitis stuck around and finished the team's contractual obligations with former Demolition member Crush (now repackaged from his Demolition character to being a face, becoming a tanned, muscle guy from the beaches of his native Hawaii) replacing Hawk on house shows in Europe in Mid September 1992 when Hawk left the WWF. Crush and Animal teamed to defeat the Beverly Brothers five times and Kato and Skinner once. Paul Ellering also joined Crush and Animal in some six man tag team matches. When the newly formed team returned to North America, Animal and Crush both started wrestling singles and the team was no more.[25] Shortly after Animal then left the WWF because an injury to his back forced him into a lengthy hiatus.[26]

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's Paul Ellering

Yeah, the match was Paul Ellering, Animal, and Crush vs. A Beverly Brother, The Genius, and Brooklyn Brawler. Advertised match would've been LOD w/ Ellering vs Beverly Brothers w/ Genius. I'm guessing the other Beverly was hurt as well, so the Brawler filled in.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It's Paul Ellering

25 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Yeah, the match was Paul Ellering, Animal, and Crush vs. A Beverly Brother, The Genius, and Brooklyn Brawler. Advertised match would've been LOD w/ Ellering vs Beverly Brothers w/ Genius. I'm guessing the other Beverly was hurt as well, so the Brawler filled in.

Thanks guys!

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Haven't noticed yet (probably because I don't get the Network/NXT) but HOT DAMN does Enzo have the worst tattoos next to an MMA guy ever. I just...The Wu-Tang Warrior thing is so incredibly... in-character? And the mic on the fucking hand?! I don't know whether to give him a medal or shoot him into space.

Worse than Santino Marella? Worse than Matt Morgan? What about Brock's dicksword or Scott Steiner's hideous chest piece? Or that crap Rene Dupree is sporting?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

And then this. I've no idea what's leading to the Brayden Walker resurgence but I love it

I don't know either, but America's Most Wanted IS reuniting this weekend!

13603807_1229756933730964_16785684792655