DVDVR Message Board

JERRY LAWLER SOON TO BE GARBAGE FIRE THREAD

I used to pretend to be reading a chart while walking down the hallway, "run into" the corner of the side hallway (the one leading to my supervisor's office, of course), hit the ground, and blade for just a little color.  Free sick day.

Fucking EMR (electronic medical record) killed that for me though.

• Like 1

Today's WON update

Jerry Lawler appeared on Cerrito live, a sports talk show in Memphis, and said that because of who he was, he was actually never placed in a jail cell. He said he hung around with the jail staff during his mandatory cooling off period. He said he hung around with the police and it felt like he was watching a live 12 hour police movie. He said he considers what happened late Thursday night/Friday morning a private matter but his fiance called 911 and then hung up, so the police came. He said nobody had any physical marks and reiterated that she was trying to leave and he thought she had too much to drunk and shouldn't be driving. She said it was a shouting match and a lot of what was claimed to have been said actually wasn't said such as him telling her to shoot herself. He claimed she said things that were never said to the police. He hasn't spoken with McBride and can't until tomorrow and said everything will be resolvedt omorrow and he feels it'll be like it never happened and he'll be back at his job soon enough. He said he was sorry about the bad press this is generating for the company.

So no cops in Memphis watched The People vs OJ Simpson and realised palling around with arrested celebrities isn't the brightest idea?

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Jerry was right to be mad at her, out carousing like that on a school night.

It's ignorant comments like this that give the internet wrestling community a bad name. 

Everyone knows final week is all half days.

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldn't be surprising. After all he literally died once on live TV and all they did was bring him back to life and move him to Smackdown so just in case he died on air again they could edit it out in post.

• Like 4

There was also an item in the weekly school lunch-lady bulletin announcing that Jerry's girlfriend has finished serving detention but will be re-taking Western Civ. during the summer. 

All press inquiries can be directed to:

lunch-lady.jpg

Also, and as always, note that there are no second helpings on tater tots. NO EXCEPTIONS!

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

Lawler unintentionally resurrected himself int he negative publicity column.

– Jerry Lawler should perhaps pay a bit more attention to what he shares on social media. The WWE Hall of Famer garnered some attention on Twitter today when he retweeted a message in which he was mentioned, which included a picture of Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s 1993 story of his indictment on rape and sodomy charges.

For those who may not remember, Lawler was indicted in November of that year on charges of allegedly raping a young teen girl between the ages of thirteen and fifteen. He was also charged with intimidation of a witness. The charges came twelve days before Survivor Series 1993 and Lawler was removed from television both as a commentator and as a competitor for a planned match pitting the Hart family against Lawler and his “knights.” Shawn Michaels took Lawler’s place in the match.

Lawler was eventually acquitted of all the charges after the alleged victim admitted to making up some of the story. Several people have replied to Lawler pointing out what he retweeted, but as of this writing it is still the most recent post on his Twitter account.

Well reading this and I am so glad I was in exile. Because I woulda been dropping some thunder. Did somebody say FIRED UP!!!! Co9iLdAXEAEsOGW.jpg

Jerry Lawler is one of the five best wrestlers who has ever lived. I can't think of a wrestler I would say is better.than him. I can think of some equal to him, but not many.

And when you are as great as Lawler is, you are entitled to be on commentary til you decide to quit. He was the only one who made the Raw post show interesting. Without him you have Renee giggling with Bayley and Sasha, He is apparently the only one who remembers they use to be enemies. 

• Like 2

Reigns really stunk it up in this segment, I agree. He recited his scripted lines in a clunky and uninspired manner, and he showed neither passion nor injury from his grueling match just 90 minutes previous. And the sneakers... But Rene and Lawler did not add anything to this show, something DB often does on his post-match segments (and Rene does too, once in a while with her perky enthusiasm). What do ya expect? They are paid shills, cashing cheques from the corporation that writes them for Roman Reigns. I know it isn't journalism, but they could at least keep up thee kay fabe and/or add some frisson to the thing.

- RAF

• Like 1