DVDVR Message Board

JERRY LAWLER SOON TO BE GARBAGE FIRE THREAD

45 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I think real question is why they are so insistent on him being an announcer when he could do better as a road agent or training coach .

It was always my understanding he doesn't have interest in that position and loves the freedom the announcing gig gives him with working indie dates on the weekend.

I was wondering if that might be it. Still seems like they can find something else for him that would allow for some freedom while keeping him away from a job he is neither good at or particularly motivated about anymore.

If Lawler wasn't a Teetotaler I probably could believe his version of events. But he's also Jerry Lawler and he's in jail for two days before he sees a judge and I'm sure he has a lot of friends on the police force in Memphis. I'm honestly surprised they didn't call in some favors to get him and the fiance a special hearing.

The bubble inside a bubble inside a bubble that you would have to penetrate to fuck Jim Cornette at this point would take a team of scruffy space-oil-drillers led by Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck and I'm pretty sure you'd give up because it just wouldn't fucking end with the slo-mo and there's only so many times they can lure you back in with Liv Tyler in a tiny dress and it would still not suck as much as the Morgan Freeman one.

• Like 8

And with Liv Tyler being pregnant again, tiny dresses aren't going to be her forte in the immediate future.

And now I've that blasted Aerosmith song stuck in my head. You know the one. Gah!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

If Lawler wasn't a Teetotaler I probably could believe his version of events. But he's also Jerry Lawler and he's in jail for two days before he sees a judge and I'm sure he has a lot of friends on the police force in Memphis. I'm honestly surprised they didn't call in some favors to get him and the fiance a special hearing.

huh? 

14 hours ago, J.H. said:

Lawler is used best when they have an actual angel for him to be pushed in. The problem is that happens only once every 7 years or so

James

Hasn't his problem always been pushing in angels?

• Like 8

10 hours ago, zev said:

And now I've that blasted Aerosmith song stuck in my head. You know the one. Gah!

Janie's Got A Gun?

and Lawler told her to kill herself with it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Devin said:

huh? 

Teetotaler. Someone who doesn't drink. It's not like they both were hammered. Plus since he's so big in Memphis you have to assume he has a lot of friends on the Police force and in the city and such. I was just saying amazed they didn't call in some favors get a judge to hear the case sooner so they didn't have to spend the weekend in jail.

It sounded like Lawler was at home and the girlfriend went out drinking.  The argument started over Lawler accusing her of lying about where she had been.  

Not to imply Lawler isn't capable of drinking at home.  I'm not really convinced that Lawler was completely sober either.  Kinda think they may have both done spittle drinking and things got out of hand.

The only thing that would make the news item of a pro wrestler from Memphis who dresses like a King being arrested for domestic battery even more objectionably embarrassing is if he used the sugar rush defense the guy who killed Milk used. 

On 6/17/2016 at 1:21 PM, JRGoldman said:

"The crowd that had gathered around the incident was able to point out that Lawler had first hid the chain in his mouth, and then his boot, and then down his trunks, but the authorities remained befuddled." 

Lawler bladed for the cops.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eastcoastbias said:

Lawler bladed for the cops.

Didn't Jannetty say something like this in some shoot? Where he once, or hell, several times would regularly speed. Only to blade when pulled over to claim he was rushing to the emergency room? I could be mistaken, but it's so hilarious that I hope it's true. 

• Like 1