DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

So, I assume the "Warriors are the best team ever" grouping is in total state of panic?

If they're the best team ever, they'll beat this Thunder team three straight games. 

Time to nut up. I voted for the Bulls, BTW.

So I've made my stance clear on the Warriors so you know I'm not trying to jinx this, but this Thunder team is clearly the most talented team the Warriors have faced in their run so far.  It's not even close too.  The other contenders would be a short-handed, Lebron-lead Cavs team last year and an okay-ish Thunder team with an injured Conley.  This is it.  Adversity.  Finally.

Lets see what you got, Oakland.

1 minute ago, _MJ_ said:

Funny.  I think this Thunder team is more similar to those Bulls team(s) than the Warriors.  For better or worse.

True, or the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. At least in the sense that they follow the traditional formula that we're used to seeing (two top 5, future HOF's surrounded by solid role players).

All praise to the Thunder right now, but, like Charlie M and I mention a few pages back, the Thunder can have a bad game/stretch at any moment so this one isn't over yet.  Cliche phrases activated!

This bizarro team might win it on the road in game 7 for all I know.

Billy is a completely different coach in the playoffs. The Thunder mini-rotation is deadly. I've been yelling DON"T COUNT OUT THE THUNDER all fucking year, but even I didn't expect Billy to out-coach Kerr.  

I did, however, expect Russ to be Russ. There is no pace too fast for that man. He just flat out breaks the Warriors run and gun style simply because he can go faster.

I know it's way way too early still, but i'm starting to count the money I would have won on that future bet.  Blabbing about it all year and didn't pull the trigger.  11 to 1.  BLAH

1 hour ago, Vincey Greene said:

If they're the best team ever, they'll beat this Thunder team three straight games. 

Time to nut up. I voted for the Bulls, BTW.

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

Were the odds really 11 to 1 even after seeing OKC beat the Spurs the way they beat the Spurs? This season is nuts and we're likely going to see two teams that posted two of the best regular seasons of all time get eliminated by a team that went under the radar during the regular season and is now having an all-time playoff run. Such a great year of basketball and the playoffs came back with a vengeance after a pretty shitty opening round.

Thank goodness, Draymond didn't get suspended for that game.  The "we would have won that series if so-so played" people can be the worst, even when they're right.  Oh mystical Kendrick Perkins from 2010.

No excuse.

OKC showed me a lot in this game when Golden State made it competitive again in the second half but the Thunder regrouped and put them away. 

I think the Warriors will win at home BUT this is also a spot where a lot of your role players probably start thinking about how they already got a ring last year. It's going to need to be Curry, Klay and Draymond.

Fuck you, Draymond Green.  This shit could be over in five, but I don't think that GSW will fold their tents at a home game.  This series will be over in six games and OKC will move on to maybe face the Raptors if Lue cannot get his men motivated.

Man.... these semis have been really painful for me. 

I can't root for the Warriors. I can't root for the Thunder. I can't root for the Cavs (Richard Jefferson shall not get a ring!) and I have no faith in the Raptors. What's a defeated Spurs fan to do?